December 15, 2018, 02:12:06 AM

Author Topic: 7th and more Allardyce or 10th and a new manager?  (Read 8028 times)

Offline AllyBlue14

• Tommy Lawton
Re: 7th and more Allardyce or 10th and a new manager?
« on: February 16, 2018, 04:54:47 PM »
7th for me. If the job were that easy, why were we in 19th when he agreed to join us?

We may have played some crap football and the bottom 14 of the league is pretty poor, but we were floundering and it was that run of games when he first joined that should see us staying up. And now we're maybe even pushing to finish 7th (not great from where we were last season but we did lose our 2 top scorers).

Yes, we're Everton and our ambitions should exceed Sam Allardyce, but that doesn't really mean anything when you haven't won anything for pushing 25 years. And reputation hasn't helped other fallen giants who are stuck in the Championship. Similarly, it didn't prevent us from falling to pretty much the bottom of the league.

Pisses me off that whatever happens, people will think he's done badly. It's the same sense of entitlement for which we hate other fans. I'm not saying I wouldn't rather bring in another manager with whom we can build a (positive) legacy for the next 10 years, but to downplay a top half finish and discredit Allardyce by saying any manager could have got us there is rewriting history.

Thank-o-Matic 3.0 By Adk Team