March 23, 2018, 12:09:53 AM

Author Topic: 7th and more Allardyce or 10th and a new manager?  (Read 4271 times)

Offline Lxxx

• Howard Kendall
Re: 7th and more Allardyce or 10th and a new manager?
« on: February 19, 2018, 07:53:22 PM »
If we're going to have a second stab at this 'project' then this summer is the time to do it.

If I think back to the most excited I've felt about us in a very long time it was the Martinez first season. We had young, talented players playing with a smile on their face, with pace, energy and an attitude that we could play the big boys and have a go. 

We also had a young charismatic manager who looked the part and talked the talk. Granted we found out he couldn't walk the walk further down the line but for that one season we were everyone's second team.

I think it's this we have to try and replicate and build from top down. At a time when we're looking to build the club up for a new stadium, to increase our commercial deals, to generate interest across our fanbase we need to somehow get that back. No multi-nationals are going to want to associate with a team playing dour football under a manager waiting for retirement, no promising players are going to want to come here if they have other options when we don't fully utilise the ones we have and our DoF looks and acts like someone from a different era.

Perception is reality and I think we need to give the impression we are like a Leipzig, or a Spurs in the making. Not a well paid retirement home for staff and players alike.

Thank-o-Matic 3.0 By Adk Team