December 11, 2018, 09:59:49 PM

Author Topic: [News]Allardyce: We’ve turned the club around  (Read 5223 times)

Offline blueToffee

• NSNO Subscriber
  • Howard Kendall
Re: [News]Allardyce: We've turned the club around
« on: February 25, 2018, 10:07:07 AM »

You could quite reasonably argue that other managers would've been able to get a similar amount of points from the games since he came in. No arguments there, but we didn't seem to have any plan about appointing those people.

However, that is different to the fact that we were in a big mess when he came in. I think you could quite easily make a case for us being the worst team in the league for a not insignificant period of time this season. We offered so little up front and were so ridiculously fragile at the back...I mean just look at our goal difference, it reflects the reality of our season. There has been tiny handful of games where we were really deserved winners, with plenty of others you wonder how we picked up points.

We are still in a decent mess, both in terms of the squad and off the field issues. We've just managed to be a little less crap. I mean for a little while today, Newcastle were just 3 pts different to us and we're almost into March. We still can't win away from home and we only have 5 games left at home, of which perhaps 2 or 3 of those (Brighton, Newcastle and possibly Southampton) you'd think were games we should be winning. I can't imagine anyone here is particularly confident about playing Liverpool or Man City at home and expecting points.

So, I guess from that I say I don't think Allardyce should be particularly proud, however the fact is really there is currently very little between us and any of the teams from 7th downwards. We get by on individual moments, but things need to change if we hope to compete and not have a repeat this sort of season again next year.

We need a better manager, and we definitely need better recruitment. That's just the beginning.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 06:45:23 PM by blueToffee »

Thank-o-Matic 3.0 By Adk Team