November 13, 2018, 10:52:06 PM

Author Topic: [News]Allardyce: We’ve turned the club around  (Read 4997 times)

Offline Rodenplav64

• David Unsworth
Re: [News]Allardyce: We've turned the club around
« on: February 25, 2018, 04:23:18 PM »
Brian Glanville , a respected journalist and not a fan on a downer wrote in this months World Soccer Magazine . Under the strapline       " Allardyces time has been and gone " he wrote "Evertons poor recent form has posed serious questions about the competence of SamAllardyce , brought in to revitalise the team after the abrupt departure of Ronald Koeman . After one or two useful victories, which at least seemed to keep the spectre of relegation at bay, he has left both Wayne Rooney and Gylfi Siggurdsson on the bench of late .They could hardly have done any worse in a team which has been overwhelmed at times .It also surprised me that he loaned talented winger Ademola Lookman to RB Leipzig of the Bundesliga where he has made an immediate impact . He is a player I have much admired for his pace , control and efficacy since his early days at Charlton where he developed . I feel Allardyce as a Manager has passed his meridian but it would be very expensive for Everton to fire him now . And whom would they bring in ? "

There is also an excellent article entitled 25 next Generation coaches but I think I will start another thread to discuss those on the list . Any of them would require a bit of forward thinking but those at the helm of our club don't seem to have any .

Thank-o-Matic 3.0 By Adk Team