December 10, 2018, 03:00:16 PM

Author Topic: [News]Allardyce: We’ve turned the club around  (Read 5185 times)

Online Lxxx

• Howard Kendall
Re: [News]Allardyce: We've turned the club around
« on: February 25, 2018, 05:25:38 PM »
I agree pretty much entirely, right up until the last point. I think we were in such a mess after the Southampton game that once it became apparent we weren't going to get Silva, appointing Allardyce became a necessity. Personally, I was against Silva anyway as I don't think he'd really given much cause for believing that he could stop the rot, particularly defensively.

If results/performances don't turn around, it then becomes a question of how long we keep Allardyce. Sack him and bring in someone else for the short-term or hold on and wait for someone who could hopefully stick around longer (assuming they're not already available). That's my only real allegiance to Sam at the moment - there's no point binning him off and then bumbling around starting the manager search from scratch again.

Agreed. No point in binning him now, even though we'd like to. It'd send out the wrong message to everyone that we are even more of a joke than we are. We need to maintain some kind of respectability and we're not getting relegated, so suck it up until the end of the season and use these next few months wisely to conduct a proper search and conduct a thorough interview process at the end of the season. For both the DoF and manager's positions.

None of this chasing manager's based on name, like Koeman, or appointing in panic, like Allardyce. Or without any reasoning other than a hunch, like Walsh.

Thank-o-Matic 3.0 By Adk Team