September 20, 2019, 04:31:55 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 104106 times)

Offline Mick 1995

• NSNO Subscriber
  • Dave Watson
Re: Silva’s Playbook
« on: August 28, 2018, 03:40:35 PM »
There are some early concerns.

That paul riley that Kramer occasionally quotes articles of etc. Has generally been quite critical of Silva’s appointment (however - my view is that he is relentlessly critical because that’s part of his open job pitching) and has said this weekend that his prem xg numbers are shite.

However, he’s surely had extenuating circumstances at his other two jobs and here we’ve already had two games of 10 men!

I like a lot of what I’ve seen personally and it is a lot different to Sam and Koeman I hope we can all agree there. Let’s hope it’s a lot clearer he calibre of manager he is after say 10 or so prem games?

Yeah. There's no denying that we are a different force going forward. I have no long term worries about xG, as i trust any of our forward line to create & convert chances at expected rates.

There are concerns. At the back when defending set-pieces and the red cards. If it were just these 2 reds (and goals conceded as well actually) i wouldn't be too concerned. But how many times can a freak occurance happen before it stops being a freak occurance? And both these flaws have followed him around.

I'm happy. But there is still a whiff of "martinez' attacking football after the pragmatic Moyes" about it. (and, before the usual suspects appear. I know Moyes played good football quite a bit towards the end there. I also know that the grass wasn't greener with Koeman)

Thank-o-Matic 3.0 By Adk Team