September 18, 2019, 07:43:54 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 102934 times)

Offline brap2

• NSNO Subscriber
  • Howard Kendall
Re: Silva’s Playbook
« on: August 28, 2018, 04:51:34 PM »
Yeah. There's no denying that we are a different force going forward. I have no long term worries about xG, as i trust any of our forward line to create & convert chances at expected rates.

There are concerns. At the back when defending set-pieces and the red cards. If it were just these 2 reds (and goals conceded as well actually) i wouldn't be too concerned. But how many times can a freak occurance happen before it stops being a freak occurance? And both these flaws have followed him around.

I'm happy. But there is still a whiff of "martinez' attacking football after the pragmatic Moyes" about it. (and, before the usual suspects appear. I know Moyes played good football quite a bit towards the end there. I also know that the grass wasn't greener with Koeman)

Think xg concerns covers goals expected from chances created vs goals conceded from chances allowed.

Best teams have a nice healthy inverse relationship creating lots and allowing few, while teams like us are mooching about in the middle somewhere allowing too much and not creating a lot.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

Thank-o-Matic 3.0 By Adk Team