August 25, 2019, 10:16:26 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 95331 times)

Offline Bluedylan

• Dixie Dean
Re: Silva’s Playbook
« on: September 17, 2018, 11:32:25 PM »
If we'd got a new manager in from abroad who hadn't had chance to watch a lot of our play last season I could see that might be a valid argument but Silva had about 6 months to see what everyone else has been seeing for the past 18 months and we still set up the same way.

I get that budget-wise we might have identified more pressing areas as we can't address it all at once but to still have the same midfield three, lining up in the same positions, delivering the same outcome warrants question. Maybe he thought he could get more out of them, I don't know, but it's clearly the biggest issue in the side at the moment.

Yeah it’s fair to ask the questions, I think.

I suppose i’d say there were so many issues that needed addressing that, where do you start, and how much can you do in one window?

The left back was a massive priority, the centre backs were a massive priority, better wide players were a priority, centre mid was a priority, striker’s a priority.

They probably thought midfield could cope for now and added Gomes to help.

But yeah, it’s not coping and it’s not working.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

Thank-o-Matic 3.0 By Adk Team