December 09, 2019, 06:58:33 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 150907 times)

Online cantoffee

• Howard Kendall
  • a seleção
Re: Silva’s Playbook
« on: November 04, 2018, 08:01:28 PM »
I am a critic but I'd say I'm definitely conflicted on Sig. In the form of his life at the moment and if we are going to play a number 10 then there's few players you'd take over him, even less in this form.

I think my issue is (beyond money and contract size and the purchase in general) that I'm not sure he was ever quite right for us. The problem I think we had and still have a bit is making clear chances when we have the ball in play and for the money we could have found someone younger who does that better.

I also think a number 10 is a bit old fashioned maybe, and that 3 in the middle could help us control games better. Plus silva has generally played with 3 in the middle I think although cleverly was like an advanced CM with two box to box players either side of him.

I dunno, it's a hard one.
We created plenty yesterday though but were very wasteful. On another day we'd have scored 5.

Sig has been excellent this year and I can't see how he could be dropped. He brings an x factor with his ability to score from distance and set piece delivery.

He seems to create one good chance a game which isnt great but probably good enough when combined with his pressing and work to win the ball high up the pitch.

Sent from my SM-G950W using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Thank-o-Matic 3.0 By Adk Team