September 18, 2019, 10:24:48 PM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 103423 times)

Online brap2

• NSNO Subscriber
  • Howard Kendall
Re: Silva’s Playbook
« on: December 24, 2018, 09:57:40 PM »
Hard to judge isn’t it, Gylfi produced a bit of brilliance for both our goals yesterday.

Can see why he ended up on the wing at Spurs

He’s so good, but so quiet.

Look at what poch has done with Erickson or pep has done with De Bruyne. Flighty, shooty 10s with no locomotion transformed into complete CMs who can be involved in all phases of build up, rather than just around the box.

The Icelandic stats nutter would always post about how Gylfi produces chances at a better rate (less passes to create a chance), but I actually think that’s a bad thing. He’s ball shy, and the more you get your best players on the ball taking more touches the better your team is imo.

I’d hate to see him on the bench because he’s a born match winner. But there’s definitely an argument there that we aren’t good enough as a team to carry someone who only wants the ball on the edge of the box
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

Thank-o-Matic 3.0 By Adk Team