September 16, 2019, 04:09:33 PM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 100258 times)

Offline Shogun

• Administrator
  • Dixie Dean
  • ohhhhh Vitor Pereira
Re: Silva’s Playbook
« on: January 07, 2019, 07:26:52 PM »
Im not sure that I agree with that part.

Defensively we’ve gone backwards, conceding so many big chances from set pieces.

Going forward I’m still not certain what our plan of attack is when we’re not the counterattacking team, and I’ve certainly came away disappointed after watching us play wide all game lumping aimless crosses into the box.

Silva got a lot of credit early on for attacking lineups and our fans responded well to his pressing but I think that credit is starting to wear out and we need to see signs of what our long term tactics are going to be.

I'm talking more about our mentality than anything. Silva's teams for better or worse are brave and I think we've seen that several times this season and we need that mentality if we're to ever join the big 6.

Sure there's been issues tactically but until Silva can get the exact players to suit his system then that'll happen.

Pep Guardiola is the best manager in the world but look at his first season at Man City which was awful (by their lofty standards) but he was able to sign the likes of Walker, Mendy, Laporte, Ederson etc and that allowed him to show how good his system is.

Unfortunately we don't have those resources but need to be patient all the same.

Thank-o-Matic 3.0 By Adk Team