October 17, 2019, 12:46:26 PM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 126712 times)

Offline sam of the south

• Howard Kendall
Re: Silva’s Playbook
« on: September 17, 2019, 03:25:12 AM »
Do you really? Personally I don’t give a fuck how much we sale players for, I’m only interested in watching the best team possible. We sold Lukaku for 80ish million and spent a large chunk of that and got nothing to date, i know what I’d rather have now and it wouldn’t be the money. it’s all good selling players, but it’s another to bring in adequate replacements to push up the table

Well, you probably should give a fuck, because our finances aren’t infinite, and this isn’t Football Manager. Getting mainly prime age players that aren’t elite (because they wouldn’t come to us) on big wages, would sink us.

The main problem with the Lukaku fee was who was spending it: your mate Koeman, and Walsh. They spent that £80m on Sigurdsson, Keane, Sandro, and Klaassen. Pickford was a good buy, though.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

Thank-o-Matic 3.0 By Adk Team