October 22, 2019, 11:44:50 PM

Author Topic: Laugh along with those loveable Reds...  (Read 337776 times)

Offline Bluedylan

• Dixie Dean
Re: Laugh along with those loveable Reds...
« on: January 15, 2019, 08:13:29 PM »
.............. Don't give us false hope  It needs Van Dick to get an injury before they will be blown off course.

Just my honest opinion, when I step back and take emotion/biases out of it. If I am completely neutral about it, City have a better squad, and they win games easily.

If there were 5 games left, Liverpool probably could just creep over the line with these tight wins, based on a penalty decision here or a moment of brilliance there, but 16 games is too far out to be relying on that.

The psychological pressure on Liverpool every weekend now is enormous. They could've been ten points clear a week ago, and one little slip and they'll be 1 or 2 points ahead now.

You can see their fans now. They're not even really enjoying it at the moment. Every weekend where they don't lose ground is more of a relief than an enjoyment to them now. It's an ordeal. City don't seem to be experiencing it like that. They've won leagues recently, they know they'll probably win more in the near future. It's not the be all and end all to them, and consequently they're much more relaxed and I think that matters.

That psychology will be enormous in the run in.

''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

Thank-o-Matic 3.0 By Adk Team