September 20, 2017, 12:18:23 AM

Author Topic: Movie Thread IV  (Read 61122 times)

January 09, 2012, 08:13:12 PM
Reply #45

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
500 days of Summer is decent.

The soundtrack is boss though, The Smiths featuring a fair bit.

Very true.  Similar to Garden State in the way a great soundtrack really enhances it.

January 09, 2012, 08:36:47 PM
Reply #46

Bob Sacamano

500 Days plays out as if someone just pressed the "cool" button on the jukebox. A very lazy film made on autopilot saved by its two leads and the split scene sequence. I don't dislike it, in fact, I kinda like it, it's just lazy which is annoying imo.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 08:40:22 PM by craigeverton1878 »

January 09, 2012, 09:25:21 PM
Reply #47

Bluenose 91

Very true.  Similar to Garden State in the way a great soundtrack really enhances it.

Yeah that is a really good film.

Strange to see Braff playing a serious role but he does well imo.
A crack on the head is what you get for asking.

January 09, 2012, 09:29:59 PM
Reply #48

Bob Sacamano

Yeah that is a really good film.

Strange to see Braff playing a serious role but he does well imo.

Outside of Scrubs, his characters are always massively conflicted. Check him out in The Last Kiss. It sounds like a rom-com, but it's written by the cat who wrote Million Dollar BaBy and Crash. More of a relationship drama.

January 09, 2012, 09:35:43 PM
Reply #49

Bluenose 91

Outside of Scrubs, his characters are always massively conflicted. Check him out in The Last Kiss. It sounds like a rom-com, but it's written by the cat who wrote Million Dollar BaBy and Crash. More of a relationship drama.

Nice one I'l get on it.

Finally watched Un Prophete the other night. Fucking brilliant.

Another French film someone reccomended to me is La Haine, you seen it?

January 09, 2012, 09:48:34 PM
Reply #50

Bob Sacamano

Nice one I'l get on it.

Finally watched Un Prophete the other night. Fucking brilliant.

Another French film someone reccomended to me is La Haine, you seen it?

No I've not seen it, should I get on it? I just IMDB'd it and I see it has Cassel in it, I like that guy.

January 09, 2012, 09:57:05 PM
Reply #51

Thom

Administrator
Is The Last Kiss good then? Even though it has Braff in it I've yet to hear a convincing review of it. Don't know if that's just me not wanting to see him in a bad role though.

January 09, 2012, 10:11:37 PM
Reply #52

Bob Sacamano

Is The Last Kiss good then? Even though it has Braff in it I've yet to hear a convincing review of it. Don't know if that's just me not wanting to see him in a bad role though.

I expected very little of it because I had just seen The Ex, with Braff in it which was very poor. I can see why some people hate it, my birds sister told me she switched it off, I think because she was expecting a rom-com. It's more of a drama I'd say. Worth a go if you've got a spare couple of hours and it's knocking about. But probably not worth going out and buying. All in all, it's alright.

January 10, 2012, 01:26:19 AM
Reply #53

Bluenose 91

No I've not seen it, should I get on it? I just IMDB'd it and I see it has Cassel in it, I like that guy.

My mate watched it and said it was one of the best films he has ever seen like.

January 10, 2012, 02:47:26 AM
Reply #54

Derek

Yeah, get on it you pervs. it's nails.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

January 14, 2012, 03:55:31 AM
Reply #56

Shogun

Administrator
seems it's friday the 13th, can someone suggest some (english language) horror films to watch tonight? (not in mood for subtitles tonight)
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

January 14, 2012, 07:09:03 PM
Reply #57

Bily No Pace

Moonrise Kingdom Official Trailer #1 - Wes Anderson Movie (2012) HD

http://20four-frames.blogspot.com/

Saw this on http://20four-frames.blogspot.com/. Looks really good/paedophiliac.

Hey craig it's that time again, I've just remembered I have access to a legal bit-torrent website with every movie ever on it downloding in less than ten mins. Recommend me a film, not arty like that adoption one you recommended. Something good and not Drive.
Bily No Pace has no signature

January 14, 2012, 07:25:19 PM
Reply #58

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Thinking of going the Switch island Odeon tonight with the missus, is girl with the dragon tattoo the best thing on?
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

January 14, 2012, 07:32:02 PM
Reply #59

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Thinking of going the Switch island Odeon tonight with the missus, is girl with the dragon tattoo the best thing on?

If you see a blonde with big tits in the maccies, slap her for me.