September 22, 2017, 06:14:54 AM

Author Topic: Official Euro 2012 thread  (Read 91360 times)

June 08, 2012, 06:02:24 AM
Reply #30

Bob Sacamano

I'm enjoying the Portugal love in. Best player in Europe 'n all.

Winners - France

Scorer - Benzema.

Player - Ribery but I'm in two minds, l've also got sneaky feeling about Nasri running the show.

EDIT: Two minutes after I posted Mark Fucking Lawrenson went for a France win, how embarrassing.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 06:05:54 AM by craigeverton1878 »

June 08, 2012, 06:08:07 AM
Reply #31

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Still fancy Spain to win it, interesting to see who starts up front for them though.  I believe that Llorente looks most likely, but I'm not entirely sure.

Top scorer - hard to call with Spain's first choice unknown, and Germany having both Klose and Gomez in the mix.  RVP is a good shout, and I think Benzema is a possibility.

Player of the tournament - if Portugal get out of their group then it's probably because Cronaldo's played well and after the season he's had he's kind of impossible to ignore.  Schweinsteiger will be in the mix if Germany go far, Sneijder is due some form, Xavi and Iniesta will be in the voting as long as Spain don't fuck up, and as outsiders I think Pirlo could have a bit of a renaissance for Italy if they progress and Dzagoev is hot shit and will be helped by Russia having a fairly ordinary group.

As you can see, I'm not one for "calling" stuff.

Talk about sitting on the fence. Do you like having pointy things in your arse?
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

June 08, 2012, 06:29:47 AM
Reply #32

bluestevie

If England don't shock everyone by winning it, and knowing us they won't, then i fancy Spain to retain it or Holland

Top scorer I would go for Van Persie

Top player will be David Silva
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

June 08, 2012, 06:32:10 AM
Reply #33

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Talk about sitting on the fence. Do you like having pointy things in your arse?

Nope, just happy to leave the experts to their "called it" competitions  :thumbsup:

June 08, 2012, 02:14:08 PM
Reply #34

Blue Phoenix

'Netherlands subjected to racist chants whilst training'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18363736

UEFA already getting their excuses in, claiming it was Polish fans protesting over Krakow not getting any Euro 2012 matches.

The cover up is just as bad as the actual racism.

There may be trouble ahead......

June 08, 2012, 02:49:20 PM
Reply #35

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

UEFA already getting their excuses in, claiming it was Polish fans protesting over Krakow not getting any Euro 2012 matches.

Uefa are fuckwits

June 08, 2012, 04:59:51 PM
Reply #36

Mr. Devil

Dear A.

I'm writing this letter, admitably a bit too late, but with hope that your successor, the A. will learn something from it.

It's about the recent events during the EURO 2012 which didn't even start yet. A thing called RACISM. And the problems it causes. 

It's all so simple really. If/when racist outburst(s) come(s) into play during any/all match(es) it's up to the referee to empty the stadium. Thus removing any chance of racist behaviour from the stands. That of course would piss the fuck out of the ticket paying mass(es). Which will result in individual (at first) and colective lawsuit(s) against the organizers. State of Poland and state of Ukraine. Them being responsible for failing to control the racism in their respective countries.

With all the political correctness being banded about these days both countries will of course be punished severely to make an example for any future wanna be offenders. Financialy that punishment will of course mean that both countries will be insolvent and will have to claim bankrupcy.

That of course leads to a lot of problems for the entire EU, as we can not have bankrupted countries among us. A proposed solution, seing that the German economy is by far the strongest within the EU, will of course be that Poland and Ukraine, even though the later are yet to be members of the EU are both attached to Germany.

You see A. all you had to do was a football tournament. Not the things you did.

A. take notes

Oh... and Germany will win the tournament.
G L O R Y H U N T E R

June 08, 2012, 06:42:28 PM
Reply #37

stirlingblue

Winners : Germany
Scorer : Benzema
Player: Mario Goetze

June 08, 2012, 06:44:10 PM
Reply #38

Shogun

Administrator
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

June 08, 2012, 07:25:33 PM
Reply #39

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Winners:Poland
Top Scorer:Benzema
Player of the tournament: Ozil
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

June 08, 2012, 09:05:55 PM
Reply #40

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Nope, just happy to leave the experts to their "called it" competitions  :thumbsup:

HAHA
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

June 08, 2012, 09:42:13 PM
Reply #41

Thom

Administrator
Winners- Germany
Top Scorer- Llorente
Player- Ozil
Dark Horses- Croatia

June 08, 2012, 10:06:32 PM
Reply #42

fast lane

The funny thing is, I had to hear it on the BBC first.
Only because Mark van Bommel complained, has it become an issue (of sorts..)
The Dutch PR man, Kees Jansma, simply denied it happened.
Said it was a protest because of the second Polish city not getting any games.
It's got very little cover over here.

Predictions:
Winners: Germany ahead of Spain
Topscorer: No idea (Benzema, Torres, Pogrebnjak and Van Persie seem like decent shouts, but it could even be somebody else..)
Player: Mesut Özil, Ibrahim Afellay has a point to prove too.
Outsiders: France or Russia (or even Croatia)

I hope I'm wrong about the winners, and thats what my gut feeling is telling me now. My country and France to make the semi's as well.
I got a lot right in the last World Cup (second in our village pool, won 400 euros), it was tougher this time.
I have made no significantly shocking predictions, England making making it through (which is highly debateable) and Portugal not.

For tonight, Poland and Russia to win, normally. It's not the most exciting group though.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 10:21:32 PM by fast lane »
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

June 08, 2012, 10:49:45 PM
Reply #43

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
love how no one in the stadium is even remotely arsed about this opening ceremony!
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

June 08, 2012, 10:58:20 PM
Reply #44

Evertonexile

love how no one in the stadium is even remotely arsed about this opening ceremony!

Too right- but holy shit, listen to those Poles sign the national anthem. That's the type of devotion I love to hear.

I'm pulling for Poland in the opener, always nice to see the home team win the first match. Though I wouldn't mind Greece having a nice tournament, with all the trouble they're in.
Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.