September 22, 2017, 06:03:40 AM

Author Topic: Official Euro 2012 thread  (Read 91358 times)

June 08, 2012, 11:04:53 PM
Reply #45

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Too right- but holy shit, listen to those Poles sign the national anthem. That's the type of devotion I love to hear.

I'm pulling for Poland in the opener, always nice to see the home team win the first match. Though I wouldn't mind Greece having a nice tournament, with all the trouble they're in.

Yeah they were in good voice.Me and bluenose91 sang it to eachother via Skype and cried
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

June 08, 2012, 11:09:24 PM
Reply #46

Evertonexile

Yeah they were in good voice.Me and bluenose91 sang it to eachother via Skype and cried

:clap:

Since when did you two get Polish citizenship?
Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

June 08, 2012, 11:11:11 PM
Reply #47

Evertonexile

June 08, 2012, 11:17:03 PM
Reply #48

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
:clap:

Since when did you two get Polish citizenship?

Since late Wednesday night!were all over these Greeks here!
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

June 08, 2012, 11:18:36 PM
Reply #49

Evertonexile

Since late Wednesday night!were all over these Greeks here!

Now THAT was a top goal- he put it under the keeper!

June 08, 2012, 11:18:55 PM
Reply #50

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Yeaaaaaaaaaaah!were gonna win this whole tournament!and he's captain in my fantasy footy team!

June 08, 2012, 11:21:58 PM
Reply #51

Evertonexile

Yeaaaaaaaaaaah!were gonna win this whole tournament!and he's captain in my fantasy footy team!

Who's doing the commentary for your feed? I'm watching on ESPN in the US.

Ian Darke just said "It's okay if Papadopolus is injured, the Greeks have another Papadopolus on the bench."  ;D

June 08, 2012, 11:25:31 PM
Reply #52

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Who's doing the commentary for your feed? I'm watching on ESPN in the US.

Ian Darke just said "It's okay if Papadopolus is injured, the Greeks have another Papadopolus on the bench."  ;D

I have the good fortune to be watching it on my TV on the bbc.cant remember the name of the commentator but he did make the same papodopolus quip!

June 08, 2012, 11:31:02 PM
Reply #53

Evertonexile

Greeks are just trapped by the Polish offense. Their defense can barely get it out of their half, so even if the offense is any good it's irrelevant.

June 08, 2012, 11:31:40 PM
Reply #54

Haile GAZrselassie

Winners: Germany

Scorer: Defoe.

Holiday: Seychelles.
Stealth ya flaming galargh!!!

June 08, 2012, 11:37:50 PM
Reply #55

Evertonexile

Papadopoulos is on for Papadopoulos.

Only the Greeks.....

Also, miserable miss by the Poles.

June 08, 2012, 11:46:04 PM
Reply #56

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
You've gotta say that's a harsh sending off

June 08, 2012, 11:46:27 PM
Reply #57

Evertonexile

And the controversy begins with a pointless red card!

First yellow for a completely legal header, second yellow because a Polish player basically tripped and fell into him. Second challenge maybe could have been a yellow, first was in no way. That's hideous- I was just thinking how good this game was.

It's more than harsh. And now the ref just let a Polish handball in the box go. I'm sorry, but as a ref, this is how referees ruin the game. And now the commentator is getting it wrong.

A handball is a handball when A. It is intentional, or B. The hand is in an unnatural position. Natural position is generally accepted as being by your side, usually when you're running. Slipping and hitting the ball with your hand is unnatural positioning. A penalty should be awarded, but no card should be given.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 11:49:15 PM by Evertonexile »

June 08, 2012, 11:56:35 PM
Reply #58

Mr. Devil

Not sure about the rules, but he could at least have given them an indirect free kick instead. Only saying because penalty kick isn't the easiest call to make.
G L O R Y H U N T E R

June 09, 2012, 12:04:11 AM
Reply #59

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Some nice footy by the Poles going forward, especially down the right hand side.  Appalling refereeing though for the 2 yellows.

I think he got the penalty decision right though, his arm was in a natural position given his body position - unnatural positioning is where the arms are not where you'd expect them to be regardless of whether the player is running or is on the deck, and the fellas arms were exactly where you'd expect them to be and you can't give a penalty for that!  Otherwise all you'd ever have to do is twat the ball at any prostrate player and if it hits his arm it's a handball?