May 25, 2019, 03:12:12 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Southampton  (Read 34430 times)

September 29, 2012, 11:30:14 PM
Reply #240

Cozzie

Wigan is always a scrappy game, we should pull through although I can easily see it as a game typically Everton will cock up.

We where great in parts today, really annoying the way we took our foot off the gas though second half, I want to see us just absolutely pulverising teams, the football at the end of that first half was brilliant.

Gibsons return cant come soon enough, make us look more solid.

As always, keeping players fit will be key, but we are in for a really exciting season methinks!

September 29, 2012, 11:47:10 PM
Reply #241

nomorechang

RIP
I think a lot of us realize that keeping players fit is going to be vital if we are to maintain our current form and position for the rest of the campaign . January is going to be interesting, we can't lose any of our better players and we also need to boost the squad for the run-in to cover injuries/loss of form. A 4th place finish or higher is a tall order but I've not seen anyone who can say that they will be confident of getting a result against us when we have a reasonably full squad to pick from .
COYB ;)

Sent from my iPhone using my Dic-ta-phone
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

September 29, 2012, 11:50:29 PM
Reply #242

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Decent performance and good result. Was a little dissapointed we took our foot off the gas so much in the second half but that's not important.

Good to see Jelavic showing some good form and Coleman looks a lot more comfortable at right back.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

September 30, 2012, 12:24:30 AM
Reply #243

Thom

Administrator
Happy enough with the performance and the result. We were always going to score against them and I am a little disappointed that we didn't get another 2/3, but hey can't complain about another three points.

Thought Coleman had a very good game and is very capable of becoming first choice right back providing he can improve his positioning a little. Neville and Osman had very good periods during the game as well, but I still feel that it's a bit too easy to play through the pair of them.

All in all, I'm happy and hopefully we can add another three points to our tally against Wigan next week.

September 30, 2012, 12:32:55 AM
Reply #244

Shogun

Administrator
Happy enough with the performance and the result. We were always going to score against them and I am a little disappointed that we didn't get another 2/3, but hey can't complain about another three points.

Thought Coleman had a very good game and is very capable of becoming first choice right back providing he can improve his positioning a little. Neville and Osman had very good periods during the game as well, but I still feel that it's a bit too easy to play through the pair of them.

All in all, I'm happy and hopefully we can add another three points to our tally against Wigan next week.

Can you unlock the forum Thom? everything seems pretty chilled.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

September 30, 2012, 12:33:44 AM
Reply #245

Thom

Administrator
Yeah man I'll do it now. Only just got back from the match (and some food!) so you can all start threads again. :thumbsup:

September 30, 2012, 12:34:51 AM
Reply #246

Bally

Administrator
Happy with result pissed with performance

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2
It's the roll I way

September 30, 2012, 12:50:13 AM
Reply #247

blob

loving the beeb's take on the table :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/tables

September 30, 2012, 12:52:00 AM
Reply #248

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
loving the beeb's take on the table :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/tables

It's weird as it's not the first time that the tables have been messed up like that this season, it's the same on the PL website too.

September 30, 2012, 01:31:30 AM
Reply #249

chang

Why can't people look forward with a bit of optimism, instead of all this pessimistic shite?

We are doing well, and yet every time we win there is an element of doubters that Everton will simply roll over have have their bellies tickled by Wigan.

Have a word with yourselves and look forward to the next game with a bit of belief in our team, and some respect for the opposition, who will be doing their best to beat us!

September 30, 2012, 01:35:35 AM
Reply #250

Shogun

Administrator
Why can't people look forward with a bit of optimism, instead of all this pessimistic shite?

We are doing well, and yet every time we win there is an element of doubters that Everton will simply roll over have have their bellies tickled by Wigan.

Have a word with yourselves and look forward to the next game with a bit of belief in our team, and some respect for the opposition, who will be doing their best to beat us!

Because optimism leads to more disappointment, we drew 1-1 at Wigan last year too when almost everybody expected a win so perhaps we just don't want to get carried away. On paper we should beat them, but we should have beat West Brom too such is the unpredictability of football. It's not being pessimistic really, just trying to manage expectation.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

September 30, 2012, 02:00:48 AM
Reply #251

chang

Because optimism leads to more disappointment, we drew 1-1 at Wigan last year too when almost everybody expected a win so perhaps we just don't want to get carried away. On paper we should beat them, but we should have beat West Brom too such is the unpredictability of football. It's not being pessimistic really, just trying to manage expectation.

The game is not played on paper though, predicting a result has never been an exact science, that is why just take it one game at a time, have some respect for the opposition who ever they are and enjoy the moment.

Any game is a contest between 22 players.

September 30, 2012, 02:18:01 AM
Reply #252

Cods

First half Colemallas = Bainarr ?

September 30, 2012, 02:19:40 AM
Reply #253

Everton Mint

Excellent win - not just the score and performance but more importantly that it was against the kind of team have fucked up against in previous years.

At this time of the season we usually slip up at home to the likes of QPR, Bolton, Wolves, etc etc.  Not this year !!  COYB !!

September 30, 2012, 03:45:47 AM
Reply #254

nomorechang

RIP
First half Colemallas = Bainarr ?

Not Mirra-cole man ?

Sent from my iPhone using my Dic-ta-phone
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "