September 24, 2017, 09:05:32 PM

Author Topic: Hiya ; I'm LCAB ...  (Read 17445 times)

December 05, 2012, 01:34:42 AM
Reply #165

blob

And while we are at it, what IS Twitter?

i can only guess that it's mainly for friendless dewy-eyed wannabees, but then i've never been on so can only guess.

i mean, who would want to 'follow' somebody?

same goes for facebook.

December 05, 2012, 01:36:08 AM
Reply #166

Gash

Global Moderator
I can see now why I don't really bother with Twitter.

December 05, 2012, 01:44:11 AM
Reply #167

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
It's not really that different from NSNO in that respect though, the only difference really is we have one common interest. 

December 05, 2012, 01:53:58 AM
Reply #168

blob

It's not really that different from NSNO in that respect though, the only difference really is we have one common interest. 

my mistake. i thought it was for coat-tailing individuals/celebrities?

i'll have to have a look one day.

December 05, 2012, 02:06:23 AM
Reply #169

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
does lcab get paid for doing twitter/footyscene Silas?

tweets an awful lot (over 86,000) just wondering how he could work otherwise and send that many tweets!
Also does he talk in the style that he writes?

He is a Tyler Durden style enigma!

ps if you are still reading this thread lcab these aren't criticisms, im just curious
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

December 05, 2012, 02:16:33 AM
Reply #170

The Analog Kid

I signed up to Twitter and didn't have a fuckin' clue what to do. I lasted a day.

Facebook is a bigger pain in the testie's.

December 05, 2012, 02:30:32 AM
Reply #171

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

tweets an awful lot (over 86,000) just wondering how he could work otherwise and send that many tweets!

ps if you are still reading this thread lcab these aren't criticisms, im just curious

No mate he doesn't certainly not twitter and the site isn't just him. The site is good tho and it showcases a few people who have gone on to other things with their reports and articles.

Sent via carrier pigeon

December 05, 2012, 02:30:44 AM
Reply #172

Silas

NSNO Subscriber

He doesn't work as far as I am aware because of medical stuff I think.
He doesn't get paid for footyscene/twitter to my knowledge it's just a genuine passion.
He doesn't talk at all like he writes.

December 05, 2012, 02:31:38 AM
Reply #173

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
my mistake. i thought it was for coat-tailing individuals/celebrities?

i'll have to have a look one day.

Ha for a lot of people (generally teens) it is exactly that, I use it because it's interesting and people are interesting, pretty much the same reason I am here.

December 05, 2012, 02:33:28 AM
Reply #174

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Ha for a lot of people (generally teens) it is exactly that, I use it because it's interesting and people are interesting, pretty much the same reason I am here.

As you say its all dependant on how you wanna use it. I have met some good people. I follow news stations and journalists in particular and you get the news and reports as it happens and in general before newspapers etc

Sent via carrier pigeon

December 05, 2012, 02:42:19 AM
Reply #175

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
He doesn't work as far as I am aware because of medical stuff I think.
He doesn't get paid for footyscene/twitter to my knowledge it's just a genuine passion.
He doesn't talk at all like he writes.
No mate he doesn't certainly not twitter and the site isn't just him. The site is good tho and it showcases a few people who have gone on to other things with their reports and articles.

Sent via carrier pigeon

Cheers for the input guys.  I don't think anyone could doubt his passion for Everton!or twitter for that matter!

I have a mate who is a passionate music fan and he started his own music blog and twitter.  It's got to the point now where he gets free gig tickets, interviews and hangs out with some of his heroes and now does freelance work for the Guardian.

Just wondered whether lcab had done something similar with his blogs/twitter. Seems to have got him into the everton inner circle at least!
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

December 05, 2012, 02:47:03 AM
Reply #176

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Cheers for the input guys.  I don't think anyone could doubt his passion for Everton!or twitter for that matter!

I have a mate who is a passionate music fan and he started his own music blog and twitter.  It's got to the point now where he gets free gig tickets, interviews and hangs out with some of his heroes and now does freelance work for the Guardian.

Just wondered whether lcab had done something similar with his blogs/twitter. Seems to have got him into the everton inner circle at least!

I think if you manage to reach any sort of level with your website/blogging you are privy certain indeterminate perks be that meeting players for interviews or something else.  Sure Si would say that he has got to do some boss stuff on the back of NSNO.