September 25, 2017, 06:44:23 PM

Author Topic: Baines deal as good as done  (Read 35421 times)

June 08, 2013, 04:09:04 PM
Read 35421 times

dejo85

I've heard that a deal for baines with united is almost done. Everton wanting around 19 million + addons, utd willing to pay 16.

Hoping to tie it up this week.

June 08, 2013, 04:14:50 PM
Reply #1

AidyEFC9

Righttt, we want £19m plus and United are offering £16m and a deal is close?!. Haha okayyy.

Only deal that might be close is a new deal with the club for Baines!.

June 08, 2013, 04:15:30 PM
Reply #2

AidyEFC9

Oh, and it all starts again!.

June 08, 2013, 04:21:16 PM
Reply #3

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
From the man who broke us the Everton are signing Lewis Holtby story!

Just kidding mate good to see you back even if you do come bearing bad news!

Heard similar to be honest. Same goes with Felli for me if he wants out lets establish it early, get the best price we can and move on. I'd hope for about 20m

With these players though it grates on me that they will probably still get a loyalty bonus despite fucking off!

That's more aimed at Fellaini than Baines!
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

June 08, 2013, 04:27:04 PM
Reply #4

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Heard similar... No figures just expect to say Tara

June 08, 2013, 04:28:18 PM
Reply #5

dejo85

Im personally worried where that money would be spent.. i would hate to see it go on 2-3 ex wigan players.. Id prefer 2 class players, and a young stones-ish youth signing. If martinez plays three at the back, then oviedo would ( in my opinon ) be great as a attacking left wing back to replace baines.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 04:29:23 PM by dejo85 »

June 08, 2013, 04:30:57 PM
Reply #6

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Im personally worried where that money would be spent.. i would hate to see it go on 2-3 ex wigan players.. Id prefer 2 class players, and a young stones-ish youth signing. If martinez plays three at the back, then oviedo would ( in my opinon ) be great as a attacking left wing back..

We did spend a decent amount on Oviedo.would like us to use him as Baines replacement and spend the money on a good striker. Gomez/Negredo would be great, plus Fer in to replace Fellaini and Ideally 2 other midfielders...is that manageable with the Baines/Fellaini money?

Apologies on this sounding like a pure Footy Manager post
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

June 08, 2013, 04:34:26 PM
Reply #7

dejo85

I think its interesting that bill kenwright has made some pretty big statements about outgoing transfers, something which i can't remember him doing that often.. "i told david not to take baines, not to call him" and "everyone knows the release clause we have in place" to me sounds alot like him trying to let everyone know 'i did everything i could to hold onto our players"

June 08, 2013, 04:39:59 PM
Reply #8

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
We've just offered Baines a contract extension
The chairman has issued  ahands off specifically to Moyes about Baines
Moyes has just made his first signing at United - a full back

All in all i'd be shocked if this was anything like true.

(although i said i would be shocked if United wanted Moyes an hour before it was confirmed!)

June 08, 2013, 04:49:26 PM
Reply #9

Fellainis Hairdresser

We've just offered Baines a contract extension
The chairman has issued  ahands off specifically to Moyes about Baines
Moyes has just made his first signing at United - a full back

All in all i'd be shocked if this was anything like true.

(although i said i would be shocked if United wanted Moyes an hour before it was confirmed!)

They signed a right back and apparently evra wants to go back to monaco

I think he will stay though tbh
We're Forever Evertonnnnn!!

June 08, 2013, 04:53:53 PM
Reply #10

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
He's been listed as back up for both flanks (although the back up is the most telling part of that sentance i suppose)

June 08, 2013, 04:57:18 PM
Reply #11

Thom

Administrator
Baines isn't going anywhere.

June 08, 2013, 04:57:44 PM
Reply #12

Eddie

NSNO Subscriber
Ill be gutted if this is true. But as someone said if its going to happen let's just get it done and re-invest in the squad. If we are to push on under RM and get top 4 we need to keep our best players. Being realistic though if one of the worlds top clubs come in for the likes of Baines with the promise of trophies and more money etc. the chances are we're going to lose them.

Looking on the bright side the squad is in real need of some depth. Getting a large windfall for Baines and maybe Fellaini will allow us to get that. And who's to say the replacements wouldn't ultimately do as good a job.

If Baines was to goto Utd I wouldn't mind seeing that Butner kid come our way on a season long loan. From what I've seen he's pacey with a good attacking mind. Not sure about him defensively though. Either way we'd need a new left back.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 04:59:27 PM by Eddie »
I'll assume you have been drinking... I live in Monterrey Mexico numb nuts

June 08, 2013, 05:01:40 PM
Reply #13

dejo85

if martinez plays a back three, id have confidence in oviedo playing as an attacking left back..

June 08, 2013, 05:02:02 PM
Reply #14

phillyt

I heard the opposite, that moyes tried to take him and he said he wanted to stay. As did jags. Fellaini said he didn't want to go with moyes. I dont think any of them will take much convincing to give martinez a season. Although felli may be sold as he is worth the most and was less commital than the others. Info came from ex  employee at FF/goodison who still speaks with people there.
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.