November 24, 2017, 04:32:15 AM

Author Topic: Deadline day jan 31 2014  (Read 40727 times)

February 01, 2014, 04:21:14 PM
Reply #645

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Who's this Clique guy some people keep mentioning? A new European CM? ;-)
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

February 01, 2014, 04:36:01 PM
Reply #646

Alanvideo

Who's this Clique guy some people keep mentioning? A new European CM? ;-)
...........This might help.........http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006m9ry........ :bonk:
We are special ,we are Everton.

February 01, 2014, 04:37:06 PM
Reply #647

montanatoffeefan

Had to laugh at the Stoke fans - they all look like extras from Village of the Damned

In a larger sense, that's about what they are.
Everton forever.

February 01, 2014, 04:54:12 PM
Reply #648

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
I wonder exactly how much we have for transfers in the summer?Brain storm post coming up so be warned!

Wasnt the Jelavic fee 5m possibly rising to 7?im guessing he would have to score a certain number of goals or help Hull win a trophy in order for us to get the full amount.

There were loan fees for both Lukaku and Barry plus us paying at least 50% of the wages which I think people forget about. The Lukaku loan fee was 5mil alone

Heitinga went on a free transfer so we dont get any money for that. Though we do get a hefty wage of our books

Probably a loan fee was paid for Traore and an undisclosed amount for McGeady. Deulofeu wont cost us anything as long as he appears in 50% of our games which hopefully he will.

Plus we have tied a few players to new contracts, Baines particularly will cost us a lot of money.

McCarthy and Kone were signed for a combined 18mil, roughly 10m cheaper than the Fellaini sale, and we got 6m for Anichebe

We also spent fees on Robles and Stanek and added Alcaraz on a free with presumably fairly modest wages

In - mccarthy 13, Kone 5, Lukaku 5, Robles 1, Stanek 1, McGeady 1

Out - Fellaini 27, Anichebe 6, Jelavic 5

So roughly weve spent 26mil on players and received 38

Leaving us with a 12mil difference still to spend before we factor in wage differences and Money from the TV deal

I'd expect the summer priority to be a Striker.possibly 1 permanent and 1 on loan. A renewal of the Deulofeu loan would be great plus Barry made permanent. I hope we have enough money to make this happen!

You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

February 01, 2014, 05:19:23 PM
Reply #649

Simon Paul

Administrator
I'd expect us to replace our loan players with more loan players next season, or keep Deulofeu and 3 others

Barry will likely sign on a permanent deal for free

Martinez has some very sound reasoning behind his loan dealings which I've completely bought into, they are there to bolster the core of players we already have, which this set do.  Next season maybe we'll get even better loan players? 

We have a strong core of Howard, Coleman, Baines, Jagielka, Alcaraz, Stones, Distin, McCarthy, Mirallas, McGeady, Pienaar, Gibson, Barkley and Oviedo so when you add potentially Barry and 4 others to that you have a VERY strong 17 for matchdays

Yes we lack depth at times and injuries will hit us like they have recently, but we are not cash-rich like Chelsea or Man Utd - both of whom we've beaten this season, by the way.

I'd much rather we waited until summer and got the players in who would do a job for us next season than waste our money on players who won't improve us in January.

We have lost 3 games all season, and we'll lose more, but for a manager's first season at a club where quite a lot of fans were dreading him taking charge, that's a huge step up from the previous manager who many dreaded leaving.

We gave Moyes 11 years, why is it that some people are spitting feathers after less than 11 months with Martinez in the job?

February 01, 2014, 05:33:30 PM
Reply #650

The Analog Kid

A run of good results paired with a win against Swansea in the cup and the last week will be forgotten. Until we lose again or endure a bore draw then the doom-mongers will return and blame the lack of transfer activity.

February 01, 2014, 05:36:35 PM
Reply #651

Gash

Global Moderator
You've obviously not been touched by the Martinez Magic, mate. He's turned a window in which we netted a decent bit of money with precious little to show for it coming in to fill suddenly gaping holes, not to mention a late run for the CL spot that's within 4 pts. And transformed it into praise and optimism for the future.

Just be dazzled and optimistic. You'll feel much better.

Indeed. I far preferred Moyes aiming for 40 points and then "seeing where we go" after that.

February 01, 2014, 05:57:40 PM
Reply #652

Ross

I wonder exactly how much we have for transfers in the summer?Brain storm post coming up so be warned!

Wasnt the Jelavic fee 5m possibly rising to 7?im guessing he would have to score a certain number of goals or help Hull win a trophy in order for us to get the full amount.

There were loan fees for both Lukaku and Barry plus us paying at least 50% of the wages which I think people forget about. The Lukaku loan fee was 5mil alone

Heitinga went on a free transfer so we dont get any money for that. Though we do get a hefty wage of our books

Probably a loan fee was paid for Traore and an undisclosed amount for McGeady. Deulofeu wont cost us anything as long as he appears in 50% of our games which hopefully he will.

Plus we have tied a few players to new contracts, Baines particularly will cost us a lot of money.

McCarthy and Kone were signed for a combined 18mil, roughly 10m cheaper than the Fellaini sale, and we got 6m for Anichebe

We also spent fees on Robles and Stanek and added Alcaraz on a free with presumably fairly modest wages

In - mccarthy 13, Kone 5, Lukaku 5, Robles 1, Stanek 1, McGeady 1

Out - Fellaini 27, Anichebe 6, Jelavic 5

So roughly weve spent 26mil on players and received 38

Leaving us with a 12mil difference still to spend before we factor in wage differences and Money from the TV deal

I'd expect the summer priority to be a Striker.possibly 1 permanent and 1 on loan. A renewal of the Deulofeu loan would be great plus Barry made permanent. I hope we have enough money to make this happen!

When you put it like that Sir Stealth it sounds remarkably like the squad we had at the beginning of this season. Not much progression there, really.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

February 01, 2014, 06:52:41 PM
Reply #653

Bally

Administrator
Whys that? because i might not have the same opinion is the clique on here? Thats a bit sad to be fair. Its irrelevant anyway, we'll see in May.
Ive been looking for this supposed clique fir fucking years, any chance you can point it out.
It's the roll I way