September 22, 2017, 06:13:45 AM

Author Topic: Today's Football 2014/15  (Read 332881 times)

July 26, 2014, 04:22:51 AM
Read 332881 times

Gash

Global Moderator
Back by popular demand, well the request of @Shogun anyway.

Just a couple of things to note. Try to keep the thread to football match discussions, that's the idea of the thread, rather than to discuss everything that happens in football on that day. The last thread ended up becoming a bit if a monster and a general dumping ground for most topics and a few decent discussions ended up getting lost in it.

Feel free to start new threads to discuss various topics rather than put it in here, if it's deemed that it should be in here we can merge it but in most cases the thread will probably be left. If someone moves, gets sacked, hits the front pages of the papers etc make a new thread if you wish, that's the whole idea of this Other Football Forum.  :thumbsup:

July 26, 2014, 04:53:37 AM
Reply #1

The Analog Kid

For starters....

Lallana injured, expected to miss the start of the season.

Oh deary me...!

July 26, 2014, 04:56:44 AM
Reply #2

Gash

Global Moderator
Try to keep the thread to football match discussions,

This has started well. ;)

July 26, 2014, 05:01:51 AM
Reply #3

The Analog Kid

Well, there's no fuckin' Premier League Thread to stick it in the Shite's one, so I thought this was the next best thing!!

Hardly worth a thread of its own accord, not without the "tooler's" going ape-shit anyway.

Sorry @Gash !!

July 26, 2014, 05:04:02 AM
Reply #4

Gash

Global Moderator
The Premier League thread will probably be back pretty soon.

July 26, 2014, 05:04:06 AM
Reply #5

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Need the premier league forum back, otherwise people will kill off this within a week.

Edit: is right
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 05:04:51 AM by TheRam »

July 26, 2014, 05:04:46 AM
Reply #6

hill135

Not today's but yesterday's football: Inzaghi lost his first game in charge of Milan 3-0 to Olympiakos  :snigger:

July 26, 2014, 05:11:37 AM
Reply #7

The Analog Kid

Not today's but yesterday's football: Inzaghi lost his first game in charge of Milan 3-0 to Olympiakos  :snigger:

Too busy doing his fuckin' hair to concentrate on the way his side is shaping up. Worse than Louis Tomlinson that cunt.

July 26, 2014, 05:13:30 AM
Reply #8

Shogun

Administrator

AC Milan didn't have a very strong side out to be fair and Olympiakos had all their World Cup players back and played the match at a much higher intensity.

Niang put in a lot of effort but was like a poor man's Balotelli and he isn't that good in the first place. AC Milan struggled to keep hold of the ball outside of their own half.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 05:14:10 AM by Shogun »
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

July 26, 2014, 05:19:10 AM
Reply #9

hill135

AC Milan didn't have a very strong side out to be fair and Olympiakos had all their World Cup players back and played the match at a much higher intensity.

Niang put in a lot of effort but was like a poor man's Balotelli and he isn't that good in the first place. AC Milan struggled to keep hold of the ball outside of their own half.

What shape did Milan play, do you know?

Niang seems to lack even the basics. Supposedly when he was on loan at Montpellier last season their president said something along the lines of it's not a case of teaching him which runs he should be making, but teaching him to run in the first place haha

July 26, 2014, 05:25:23 AM
Reply #10

Gash

Global Moderator

Niang seems to lack even the basics. Supposedly when he was on loan at Montpellier last season their president said something along the lines of it's not a case of teaching him which runs he should be making, but teaching him to run in the first place haha

Sounds like we dodged a bullet there?

July 26, 2014, 05:31:18 AM
Reply #11

Ross

Can we have a separate 'today's European football' thread?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

July 26, 2014, 05:32:38 AM
Reply #12

hill135

Can we have a separate 'today's European football' thread?

I was thinking of making a European domestic football thread. Nearer the start of the season, however.

July 26, 2014, 05:40:17 AM
Reply #13

Shogun

Administrator

It was difficult to tell really, the main reason they were so awful was down to the players on the pitch rather than anything. Balotelli, De Jong, Montolivo, De Sciglio, Abate etc didn't play. They seemed to play a 4-3-3 with a holding midfielder and 2 further forward in midfield for the majority of the game even though it was quite undisciplined and they never looked confident playing in that formation. After about 60 minutes when they were 2-0 down and made a few changes it became like a 4-1-5 with Niang on the wing and Pazzini up front.  :snigger:

I can definitely see that about Niang, made the wrong decision every time and run into brick walls even when he had better options. The funny thing was he started taking every set piece in the second half.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 05:41:31 AM by Shogun »

July 26, 2014, 07:09:43 AM
Reply #14

Shogun

Administrator
@hill135 I was fairly impressed with Roma the other night against Liverpool.

They kept the ball very well and and were pretty progressive in their play, they struggled to create chances but they were pretty comfortable throughout the match.

They both spent the match kicking lumps out of each other, Roma were worst for it but Lucas would have been sent off in most competitive matches for his challenge.