47 (83.9%)
Lukaku
0 (0%)
Barkley (Sub)
0 (0%)
Pienaar (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author Topic: Burnley v Everton  (Read 33379 times)

October 26, 2014, 08:25:36 PM
Reply #225

dazfrancis

You're a massive tit so your opinion is pretty much void.

I this instance he is right though, and his postings seem to be a bit more level-headed today. I agree that we should expect more from Lukaku but at this point in time I'm happy that he is scoring but want to see more from him in future, especially in terms of intensity of his play.

Some shouts on here have been awful though, taking Lukaku off at half time, saying Lukaku continually puts us in the shit. Jesus Christ some people need some perspective

October 26, 2014, 08:26:42 PM
Reply #226

Bluedylan

We've got no divine right to come and pass people off the pitch in tough conditions when they are giving their absolute all chasing their first win and when they've had all week to prepare and we've had a couple of days max.

I think some people need to readjust their expectations a little. Any win here would be an excellent one.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

October 26, 2014, 08:27:21 PM
Reply #227

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
He's not playing shite though is he, one very poor pass aside.

He was poor for large parts there.

His mistake made him wake up though
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

October 26, 2014, 08:27:40 PM
Reply #228

Everton Mint

Lukaku scores goals. Thats what he does. No more, no less.

Barry has been superb again today.

October 26, 2014, 08:27:55 PM
Reply #229

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Think we need to alter the formation.

Agree we need to use the width more like we did for first goal
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

October 26, 2014, 08:28:10 PM
Reply #230

toffee_scot

Strange game, we haven't really played well and most of the time the gameplay was in our half of the field, but every time we have gone forward deep into the Burnley, we have had excellent goalscoring opportunities - 2 of those obviously resulted in Everton goals!

We are struggling a little bit with their workmanlike performance especially in the midfield and some of our passing has been pretty shocking. But I think we could score 1 or 2 more goals and hopefully Burnley will increasingly tire throughout the second half, but we need a more solid defensive performance from everyone.

Credit to Lukaku for overcoming the error that led to Burnley's goal, it seems a few times in this game he has found himself in much deeper positions.

October 26, 2014, 08:28:58 PM
Reply #231

Danny

Agree we need to use the width more like we did for first goal

most of their attacks have come from Trippier and Boyd, if we can get McGeady or Pienaar (if he's on the bench) up against Trippier then that should stifle them.

October 26, 2014, 08:29:02 PM
Reply #232

Ross

He was poor for large parts there.

His mistake made him wake up though

No he wasn't he played ok, nothing great but certainly nothing poor.

His link up and control have been working fine when the balls been played up to him, apart from one major incident.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

October 26, 2014, 08:29:10 PM
Reply #233

Everton Mint

Thank God !

October 26, 2014, 08:29:13 PM
Reply #234

KoemansNumberTens

Need more from the midfield. We have zero attacking threat or width. Id be happy to see Barkley or McGeady

October 26, 2014, 08:29:55 PM
Reply #235

Alex6691

Today?? When?? I most certainly havent. Didnt even comment on the goal

Be arsed to go back and find it but thats why I started bitching at you. Because you're moaning about Lukaku. AGAIN.

October 26, 2014, 08:31:30 PM
Reply #236

blob

What the fuck do you want him to do? Maybe he is coming deep because knobs are calling him lazy after every game. I'm happy for him to fuck all as long as he is scoring.

you're entitled to your opinion, and i'm just voicing mine on his general performance in THIS game.

i'll always be a fan, for as long as he plays for everton...

what i really object to is your use of language: calling anyone on here a paedo is out of order, or perhaps you didn't know what 'nonce' really meant...

October 26, 2014, 08:31:47 PM
Reply #237

School of Science

Lukaku redeemed himself there with a fine finish after his error, funnily enough I thought his hold up play till then was really good. But I think he should be much better challenging for headed duels, the amount of times he has misjudged high balls is ridiculous today. We are playing terrible but are ahead with two superbly made goals, our midfield needs to work a lot harder.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

October 26, 2014, 08:31:51 PM
Reply #238

Bluedylan

Need more from the midfield. We have zero attacking threat or width. Id be happy to see Barkley or McGeady

We've scored twice and hit the bar, yet we have 'zero attacking threat'?
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

October 26, 2014, 08:31:52 PM
Reply #239

Evertonian in NC

Lukaku fought extra hard because he cares about his teammates and playing for the Everton shirt.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin