December 09, 2019, 11:19:02 AM

Author Topic: General transfer window discussion  (Read 257585 times)

August 11, 2015, 12:06:32 AM
Reply #15

ForzaItalia

Siqueira to Juve all but done @hill135, loan with option to buy
il Vesuvio e la terra che amo

August 11, 2015, 03:35:31 AM
Reply #16

ForzaItalia

Barton training with West Ham and due to have a medical tomorrow. That club is about to break the cunt-o-meter.

The successor to Kevin Nolan's crown.

August 18, 2015, 03:31:44 AM
Reply #17

ForzaItalia

Koulibaly to Southampton is close according to Italian media, 12m euros

August 18, 2015, 04:36:48 AM
Reply #18

ForzaItalia

Good deal?

Not for Napoli, he was their best defender last year, when Benitez actually picked him. 12m euros could be a bit of a bargain.

August 18, 2015, 02:21:10 PM
Reply #19

ForzaItalia

Sandro to Juve set to me announced, 22m euros plus add ons.

August 19, 2015, 02:05:32 AM
Reply #20

ForzaItalia

almost gave me a heart attack.

had to google 'Juventus Sandro', just to make sure you weren't talking about the QPR and ex Spurs midfielder Sandro!

Haha! Think I'd have a heart attack if it was the QPR version!

August 22, 2015, 07:14:24 PM
Reply #21

ForzaItalia

Hopefully Wolfsburg don't come in for Yarmolenko to replace him!

We all know they will. Need to get our shit together and get the deal wrapped over the weekend.

July 06, 2016, 06:37:12 PM
Reply #22

ForzaItalia

City have had a bid for Bonucci rejected.... Thoughts @hill135?

July 06, 2016, 06:48:23 PM
Reply #23

ForzaItalia

Hopefully increase it and forget about Stones...
That was my thought, switched targets

July 25, 2016, 03:16:34 AM
Reply #24

ForzaItalia

So this Higuain to Juventus deal is being reported with a degree of certainty almost everywhere - in much the same way the Pjanic one was - so presumably there is something in it.

I'm very, very surprised. It will be the second most expensive transfer ever (until Pogba is sold). Even with the sale of Pogba I wouldn't think they could afford it. It seems to mark a significant change in strategy to a sort of Bayern model.

In Naples as we speak (well, Sorrento) and I can say with some certainty that Higuain is now regarded as a massive cunt.

July 25, 2016, 03:46:03 AM
Reply #25

ForzaItalia

La stampa described the signing as a follia calculata. Basically a play to win the CL.

However while I like Higuain, he's often been found wanting at the real sharp end of high stakes games.

He might ensure Juve's domestic hegemony for a couple more seasons but I'm not sure, for that fee, that he's guaranteed (as much as possible) to be someone who will make the final difference at CL level.

He does have a tendency to bottle big moments in the big games as you say. However, I am genuinely gutted, he had god like status in Naples, on a par with Maradona and to leave to go to Juve is a bitter pill. He will undoubtedly be the capocannoniere again next season and I can see Juve going very close in the CL. He is also a massive cunt.

July 25, 2016, 03:58:02 AM
Reply #26

ForzaItalia

I have to agree. He isn't good enough to make the difference in the Champs league.

80M is ludicrous.

The fee is ridiculous I agree, but he is a genuinely world class no.9 who will take Juve to the next level.

July 25, 2016, 04:23:07 AM
Reply #27

ForzaItalia

Yeah, reports over here of Maradona and fan groups laying in to him. Fair enough probably.

I agree with @GLewis. He's a great player but is he the one to take them to the top? Probably not with his struggles on the big occasions. The price is also ridiculous.

What's your thoughts on the deal?

Great deal financially, but he is irreplaceable. A lot will depend on how the money is spent, Napoli need another CB, RB, CM and obviously a Higuain replacement.

Icardi is apparently in Naples discussing a move :(

July 26, 2016, 04:15:00 AM
Reply #28

ForzaItalia

I remember saying just a couple of months ago to @claimabstract that Juventus weren't in a position to buy their rivals' best players and since then they've signed Pjanic and Higuain! This wasn't what I thought what he meant when Marotta said he would shopping in Italy!

Hopefully the Icardi reports are just a ruse to get him a new contract. He offers a fraction of what Higuain offers. Bacca would be a no brainer in my view! Great player available at a good price. Maybe the big money will allow them to attract a higher calibre of player than before in the positions you mention.

Koulibaly off as well :( his agent has been all over the radio and local papers saying he's definitely not renewing his contract. He won't sign for another Italian team and he's probable destroyed nation is England.

Lacazette is the latest name to be linked after Inter wanted 35m and Gabbiadini

July 26, 2016, 06:44:22 PM
Reply #29

ForzaItalia

Maybe it will soften the blow if Koulibaly's English destination is a certain club which plays in blue which isn't Chelsea  ;D

Would be overjoyed and it would make Stones leaving all the more bearable! Think he has all the tools to be a top pl player

I know you've seen a fair bit of him, what do you think?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 06:46:18 PM by ForzaItalia »