0 (0%)
Lennon (Sub)
1 (2.3%)
Naismith (Sub)
0 (0%)
Gibson (Sub)
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Author Topic: Arsenal v Everton  (Read 40972 times)

March 01, 2015, 10:25:52 PM
Reply #525

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
From what I can gather it was another helping of the same flat uninspiring aimless drifting. Aimless drifting is a perfect way to explain it.

Yeah, that describes it accurately. We actually had some really good spells too, some good chances, good positions, great crosses from Garbutt...and only one proper shot that was really dangerous.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

March 01, 2015, 10:26:24 PM
Reply #526

Yobo2008

So barkley the reason we are shit?
Its not ross fault that the manager is not managing him effectively ?

March 01, 2015, 10:26:59 PM
Reply #527

toffee_scot

Martinez is definitely trying to change things - experimenting slightly with different formations and while our substitution strategy still has us scratching our heads, there have been a few positive developments or subs made relatively earlier than usual. However, since Shorty mentioned that Kone isn't happy, it makes me wonder if there is some tension between him and Martinez which is why he hardly plays.

But still it's not really good enough, while our general attacking play is marginally better now, we've started to leak goals again.

March 01, 2015, 10:27:43 PM
Reply #528

montanatoffeefan

Martinez is fucking shit. Completely unable to adapt from his default mindset. He's been sussed since the start of the season and hasnt even tried to rectify it. The man needs to go at the end of the season.

It should definitely be considered.

Yeah, I'm afraid drastic measures have to start entering the conversation. It's not just that Martinez is looking so shit, it's that he's literally starting to seem a smiling madman. You see these types in America a fair amount--corporate dipshyts who keep blathering the positive speak even as their ships are going down. Only difference is, the adult supervision usually comes in and sacks them.

On our current point total and form, we are in danger of getting relegated. And I have zero confidence in Martinez by now to turn it around, or even try something new. Or to even inspire the players to look arsed. At this point, that Italian fascist Sunderland had a while ago or new manager Big Dunc headbutting underperforming players would give me more confidence than Martinez.
Everton forever.

March 01, 2015, 10:27:46 PM
Reply #529

ally2

So barkley the reason we are shit?

As was said earlier, we put all our eggs in the same basket.  But Barkley couldn't deliver (because of injury, form and maybe expectation) and it's meant strain on our wide areas to deliver.

March 01, 2015, 10:29:34 PM
Reply #530

Yobo2008

Yeah, I'm afraid drastic measures have to start entering the conversation. It's not just that Martinez is looking so shit, it's that he's literally starting to seem a smiling madman. You see these types in America a fair amount--corporate dipshyts who keep blathering the positive speak even as their ships are going down. Only difference is, the adult supervision usually comes in and sacks them.

On our current point total and form, we are in danger of getting relegated. And I have zero confidence in Martinez by now to turn it around, or even try something new. Or to even inspire the players to look arsed. At this point, that Italian fascist Sunderland had a while ago or new manager Big Dunc headbutting underperforming players would give me more confidence than Martinez.
Enjoyed this post

March 01, 2015, 10:30:13 PM
Reply #531

MmmblueBernard

Yeah, which is why it's so hard to change things. You can't just switch tactics mid-season and expect it to work. We've gambled everything on this style of play and we aren't winning with it.

Disagree MC. You can change it halfway through and it work perfectly. Look at westbrom for instance.

Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

March 01, 2015, 10:30:19 PM
Reply #532

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Martinez tactics all season for me have been odd. So narrow after last year where width was key. To say it's down to barkley tho is mad imo
Simply simply lovely

March 01, 2015, 10:30:48 PM
Reply #533

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Disagree MC. You can change it halfway through and it work perfectly. Look at westbrom for instance.

Or the RS
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

March 01, 2015, 10:30:58 PM
Reply #534

Heisenberg

As was said earlier, we put all our eggs in the same basket.  But Barkley couldn't deliver (because of injury, form and maybe expectation) and it's meant strain on our wide areas to deliver.

No, the man who plays him there. And then compensates by playing a number 10 on the wing is to blame

March 01, 2015, 10:31:55 PM
Reply #535

cantoffee

To me it also seems like Martinez has made decisions before the game.

'If we are down, Ill bring on X for X around this minute or that minute.'

He should be assessing the game at that time and deciding how we can change it instead of seemingly having pre-planned substitutions. It's all so pathetically predictable.

March 01, 2015, 10:32:45 PM
Reply #536

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Looking at our fixtures we really should be digging our way out now.

March 01, 2015, 10:33:31 PM
Reply #537

Simon Paul

Administrator
Looking at our fixtures we really should be digging our way out now.

need a good result on Wednesday to start with

beating that pile of dogshit will give us a big boost

March 01, 2015, 10:33:34 PM
Reply #538

Yobo2008

To me it also seems like Martinez has made decisions before the game.

'If we are down, Ill bring on X for X around this minute or that minute.'

He should be assessing the game at that time and deciding how we can change it instead of seemingly having pre-planned substitutions. It's all so pathetically predictable.
I honestly dont think hes capable.

March 01, 2015, 10:37:17 PM
Reply #539

ally2

No, the man who plays him there. And then compensates by playing a number 10 on the wing is to blame

Yes that's not what I meant - apologies if unclear. I'm not blaming Barkley directly. That would be insane. It's our reliance on him or someone else to be a creative threat in that part of the pitch. But there are honourable mentions too for individual errors, confidence and poor fitness.

Although the possession game is frustrating, I still marginally prefer it over the panic button defending and clearing the lines crap we used to see from Moyes. I really hated that.