April 23, 2019, 11:00:29 PM

Author Topic: Summer 2015 Transfer Window rumour thread  (Read 581650 times)

September 02, 2015, 01:21:58 AM
Reply #5115

DanishEvertonfan

We needed a creative option in the middle of the park and we did not get one. That is a fact. We are too stilted otherwise, and, in turn, only look good when we can play teams on the counter. It was not about depth, it was about getting a player who would have actually allowed us to play the way Roberto wants us to.

Without a no. 10, we are going to continue to struggle, particularly against lesser opposition. Lukaku will not get the service he needs. That makes this a shit window.

I agree that we should have had a playmaker this window, but we do have creative players in our squad to create opportunities for Lukaku. Players like Deulofeu, Lennon, Mirallas, Barkley, Coleman, Kone, Cleverley and Baines although the latter two are injured the next two months. But still with our current squad Martinez should be able to find ways to create chances especially against lesser opponents.

September 02, 2015, 01:23:55 AM
Reply #5116

Tinga

At least with us barely spending it'll make it easier to bin Martinez off as soon as we can. Let's be honest, it's going to be a shit season anyway.

September 02, 2015, 01:25:18 AM
Reply #5117

KoemansNumberTens

I think the problem with almost every attacking player we've got is they are utterly inconsitant

We can't get a regular 6 out of 10 out of any of them. 1 week they are great the next utterly shit. We are having to carry a couple of players every week

Least with lennon and Cleverley while they aren't stars you're getting a regular decent contribution.

September 02, 2015, 01:27:22 AM
Reply #5118

AllyBlue14

I thought we'd get a loan in tbh, something similar to Lukaku.

Overall, a bit underwhelming really.

September 02, 2015, 01:30:05 AM
Reply #5119

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
A lot of teams have strengthened while we have kept the status quo. In basically every business in the world keeping status quo means you're becoming weaker.

We've barely even done that. 

Squad 24 months ago:

Howard
Robles
Hibbert
Coleman
Jagielka
Distin Mori
Stones
Alcaraz
Heitinga Besic
Duffy Galloway
Baines
Oviedo
Barry
McCarthy
Gibson
Barkley
Osman
Pienaar
Deulofeu
Mirallas
Gueye Lennon
Lukaku
Jelavic McGeady
Kone
Naismith
Velios Leandro

EDIT

I missed off Cleverley.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 01:31:41 AM by Goaljira »

September 02, 2015, 01:30:06 AM
Reply #5120

Fern

Totally agree. We'll need a bare mimimum of the 5th we got in Martinezs 1st season with a similar style and promise of decent investment to keep them happy even in the short term and none of tjay is happening this season.
The real truth is as good a prospect as stones is he's not actually worth too many points to us currently. In terms of developing a team and winning football games it was a no brainer to sell him. It's not like he's staying long term anyway.

Can you give the 'should have sold Stones' twaddle a rest. Most of our fanbase know the importance of keeping him for the betterment of our progress. We've done business which, yes, isnt great but keeping him for linger will be even better financially in the long run plus it tells bigger clubs we're not so needy. Try and see the bigger picture for once.

September 02, 2015, 01:30:44 AM
Reply #5121

bluenuck

I think the problem with almost every attacking player we've got is they are utterly inconsitant

We can't get a regular 6 out of 10 out of any of them. 1 week they are great the next utterly shit. We are having to carry a couple of players every week

Least with lennon and Cleverley while they aren't stars you're getting a regular decent contribution.

I agree.

But isn't at least 50% up to the manager to get everything he can out of his players? i.e. playing them in positions, and playing tactics that suit them best.

It seems sometimes our players look very clueless out there.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 01:32:50 AM by bluenuck »

September 02, 2015, 01:34:16 AM
Reply #5122

KoemansNumberTens

Can you give the 'should have sold Stones' twaddle a rest. Most of our fanbase know the importance of keeping him for the betterment of our progress. We've done business which, yes, isnt great but keeping him for linger will be even better financially in the long run plus it tells bigger clubs we're not so needy. Try and see the bigger picture for once.

And come saturdays at 3 o clock we'll tell big teams and small tjay we are needy. We made a statement. Good for us. I just want to win football games

September 02, 2015, 01:34:40 AM
Reply #5123

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber

Its not twaddle, and its not as simple as 'we should have sold Stones'.  People are rightly pointing out that last week we said we weren't selling Stones as we had ambitions of our own and then today we do the square root of fuck all to back up that statement.

September 02, 2015, 01:34:42 AM
Reply #5124

howard1334

I agree that we should have had a playmaker this window, but we do have creative players in our squad to create opportunities for Lukaku. Players like Deulofeu, Lennon, Mirallas, Barkley, Coleman, Kone, Cleverley and Baines although the latter two are injured the next two months. But still with our current squad Martinez should be able to find ways to create chances especially against lesser opponents.

Deulofeu, Lennon, Mirallas, Coleman, and Baines all play exclusively out wide.

Kone plays either as a striker or out wide.

Cleverly, though capable of playing centrally, has only played out wide thus far, and, though he has played well, is both injured for an extended period of time and not shown an ability to operate as the creative outlet we require.

Barkley does play in the position a no. 10 would typically operate, but it is clear that he is not a "no. 10," in the sense we need. Though he has picked up 2 assists thus far this year, he looks much better playing from a deeper position, and does not keep the ball moving quickly enough, nor have an ability to pick out through balls or play balls over the top.

Yes, you are right that we have players who can bring some creativity to the table from the wide positions, or even from deeper holding midfield positions, but we ultimately don't have the creativity in the middle of the park that we require. In turn, we are going to continue to be one dimensional, and will continue to struggle against the likes of West Brom and Sunderland when they sit back against us.

September 02, 2015, 01:36:16 AM
Reply #5125

kewns23

well lets face it we have to put up with this until the end of bills rain and  I cant see bill leaving until ill health or god forbid his death.
me personal I like the bloke, there's plenty of shit owner's out the and would we really wanna be city sell our sole to the devil!!

its funny tho some city fans think there are par with real Madrid and Barcelona I think they need another 20 years of domination for that like.

I personally am losing a bit of faith in our manager, he talks a good game but the performances just seem lacklustre. its like the players can do what they wont I suppose its not easy being a manager and one plus point he attracts players to the club which I don't think ginger nut would of!!

arrrrr to be an everton fan....!!!
Ever in need of a Printer speak too me or check out our ebay shop
Blakes-Emporium
<a href = "http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Blakes-Emporium?_trksid=p2047675.l2563">

September 02, 2015, 01:37:27 AM
Reply #5126

Bluedylan

We didn't even need to sell Stones or one of the others stars, that's the frustrating thing. With some intelligent trimming of the squad earlier in the summer, we could've got a few million for Naismith, maybe a couple for McGeady, get Gibson's wages off the books. We could've freed up an extra 5-10m right away with them off the top of my head and paid that extra money to get the playmaker much earlier, if that's what it took.

And yet here we sit....

You can't do much about competing with City and Utd financially etc. They are beyond us. But there's no excuse for not being much smarter, like Swansea have been.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

September 02, 2015, 01:40:03 AM
Reply #5127

blue slug

I just got back, was it just Lennon in today and obviously mori? We were crying out for a creative player or just any player that would of gone straight in and made a big difference to the starting 11 so for that reason I am very disappointed. We could of shipped out mcgeady and naismith for 10m by the sounds of it so wouldn't of been a massive net outlay

September 02, 2015, 01:40:45 AM
Reply #5128

KoemansNumberTens

Id love to be city. Id be ready to die after 1 Aguero moment. Anyone who doesn't want to be like city is just crazy for me

September 02, 2015, 01:46:47 AM
Reply #5129

blue slug

How can you not want your board to spend fuck loads of cash so you challenge for trophys every season