April 23, 2019, 06:52:44 PM

Author Topic: Summer 2015 Transfer Window rumour thread  (Read 581643 times)

September 02, 2015, 01:46:48 AM
Reply #5130

jongre123

September 02, 2015, 01:48:50 AM
Reply #5131

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
We didn't even keep Lennon's number from last season for him.  He's going to have to have 12, 26 or 31 now.

September 02, 2015, 01:57:35 AM
Reply #5132

DanishEvertonfan

Id love to be city. Id be ready to die after 1 Aguero moment. Anyone who doesn't want to be like city is just crazy for me

I love being an evertonian and wouldn't want to change that for anything. Off course i'd love for our club to have the money necessary to compete for league titles, but i would never want to have a middle eastern dictator as owner or a some semi criminal oiligark with billions of ill-gotten money. I want us to be successful without selling our soles. My favored role model for success is Atletico Madrid. Two years ago they proved that you can win a championship against vastly richer opponents (Barcelona & Real Madrid) and even come within 1 or 2 minutes of winning the CHL with excellent coaching and plain hard work. that's how i want to be successful, not just because some rich cunt more or less bought Everton a championship.

September 02, 2015, 02:01:58 AM
Reply #5134

therealdunc

I love being an evertonian and wouldn't want to change that for anything. Off course i'd love for our club to have the money necessary to compete for league titles, but i would never want to have a middle eastern dictator as owner or a some semi criminal oiligark with billions of ill-gotten money. I want us to be successful without selling our soles. My favored role model for success is Atletico Madrid. Two years ago they proved that you can win a championship against vastly richer opponents (Barcelona & Real Madrid) and even come within 1 or 2 minutes of winning the CHL with excellent coaching and plain hard work. that's how i want to be successful, not just because some rich cunt more or less bought Everton a championship.

They havent sold their souls.
They have an owner who has invested in the club and in the playing squad.

Having a rubbish chairman like Kenwright is nothing to be proud off.

As for Athletico, they have spent money and the owners have invested in the club - unlike any of our owners.
Blue

September 02, 2015, 02:03:36 AM
Reply #5135

Zoolander

Got to say I'm pleased with signing Lennon and in fact overall if you'd have said we'd sign Lennon, Cleverly, Deulofeu, a seemingly decent defender and back up / potential strikers and not sold anyone (including  Stones), I'd have been relatively happy.
Can't help but feel deflated after the Yarmolenko or other creative players rumours turned out to nothing though

September 02, 2015, 02:05:49 AM
Reply #5136

t2487

I'd just like to see an injection of cash.
Regular spending like our neighbours undertake and some ambition to develop and grow as a football club.

September 02, 2015, 02:08:20 AM
Reply #5137

toffee_scot

Just heard Tim Vickery on 5 Live right now talking about Funes Mori and Rodriguez and his verdict is quite poor.

He said Martinez was in "cloud cuckoo land" if he thought the Uruguayan domestic league was competitive with regards to Rodriguez. The only good things he had to say about Mori was he could speak English, was left footed and is a 'personality'.

September 02, 2015, 02:09:56 AM
Reply #5138

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Tim Vickery is really pissing me off.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

September 02, 2015, 02:10:11 AM
Reply #5139

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Tim Vickery seems to hate every fucker though. I am hopeful at least one of them will be a success.

September 02, 2015, 02:11:13 AM
Reply #5140

School of Science

Does anyone actually know what he's on at Stoke?

Anti depressants !
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

September 02, 2015, 02:11:14 AM
Reply #5141

The Analog Kid

I don't know who Tim Vickery is so he's irrelevant.

September 02, 2015, 02:11:56 AM
Reply #5142

BlueBeagle

Just heard Tim Vickery on 5 Live right now talking about Funes Mori and Rodriguez and his verdict is quite poor.

He said Martinez was in "cloud cuckoo land" if he thought the Uruguayan domestic league was competitive with regards to Rodriguez. The only good things he had to say about Mori was he could speak English, was left footed and is a 'personality'.

Tim Vickery is listened to purely because he's the only English speaking journo that actually watches South American footy.

I am forming no opinions on either player until I've seen them without expecting them to be world beaters.

September 02, 2015, 02:12:03 AM
Reply #5143

Cozzie

Quite happy with the business we've done, but like others, not exactly ecstatic.

Keeping Stones was obviously huge, happy with Lennon coming back, we know exactly what he gives us and I do believe he rapidly changed our play and style in the second half of last season.

Don't know an awful lot about Mori obviously but at least we have back up now, I was seriously getting worried about that one.

Deulefeou was obviously good business as was Cleverley on a free despite me not being his biggest fan.

Haven't lost anyone of any real importance and signed what seems like a decent crop for the future with Holgate and Rodriguez.

Still that elusive creative number 10 evades us, part of me is wondering because of his style whether Martinez will ever address this?

Final verdict on the transfer business : Content, that's about it.

September 02, 2015, 02:12:07 AM
Reply #5144

Ridge

Thierry Henry was talking up Funes Mori earlier on Sky.