April 26, 2019, 09:34:24 PM

Author Topic: Summer 2015 Transfer Window rumour thread  (Read 581753 times)

September 02, 2015, 02:13:03 AM
Reply #5145

Simon Paul

Administrator
I don't know who Tim Vickery is so he's irrelevant.

entirely this

September 02, 2015, 02:14:19 AM
Reply #5146

School of Science

Point the finger at the manager, not the board.

Both at fault you cant blame one without the other.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

September 02, 2015, 02:14:44 AM
Reply #5147

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Thierry Henry was talking up Funes Mori earlier on Sky.
Who the fuck is Henry? All about Vickery .....
Simply simply lovely

September 02, 2015, 02:23:41 AM
Reply #5148

sam of the south

Vickery got on my pecs during the World Cup.

Smug bellprick with his cringey pronunciations (yes, I know he's lived in Brazil for years, but when you're speaking English on an English programme just say 'Rodriguez' instead of 'Rohriguettthhhh')
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

September 02, 2015, 02:25:51 AM
Reply #5149

blue slug

Vickery likes to think he is the Oracle of south America football when in fact he is an orifice

September 02, 2015, 02:25:59 AM
Reply #5150

Waltzer

Tim Vickery has his opinions, personally I'll be amazed if Rodriguez gets a game, he's 22 and hasn't even been signed by a half decent team in South America which is slightly concerning. From the clips I've seen he looks average at best, I've seen part time professionals play to bigger crowds so to think he'll be anywhere near the quality or standard within 6 months is optimistic imo.
Hopefully I'm wrong and it's a cheap punt that might pay off?
Plus his record is only 1 in 3 at that level!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 02:28:58 AM by Waltzer »

September 02, 2015, 02:30:47 AM
Reply #5151

Cozzie

Has anyone got the vine where John Stones laughs at the end complete with monty python?

September 02, 2015, 02:31:56 AM
Reply #5152

.Rimbo.

There may be some truth in the claims Funes Mori ain't all that. He gives me the "sent off on his debut", "slips in front of the Kop in the 89th minute" vibes.

September 02, 2015, 02:33:31 AM
Reply #5153

Rhys

Tim Vickery is listened to purely because he's the only English speaking journo that actually watches South American footy.

I am forming no opinions on either player until I've seen them without expecting them to be world beaters.

And that's the way it should be, but at the same time vickery has much more evidence about these players than pretty much every single one of us!

Just have to wait and see, or maybe never see in Rodriguez case.

September 02, 2015, 02:33:56 AM
Reply #5154

School of Science

Without trying to sound like some lovesick puppy, I hope at the very least we have some agreement in place for when Dynamo get twatted out of Europe, for Yarmolenko in January.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

September 02, 2015, 02:34:26 AM
Reply #5155

.Rimbo.

Let's be honest the board are horseshit and have hampered us for years but Martinez has wasted the money he did spend.

September 02, 2015, 02:34:31 AM
Reply #5156

Cozzie

There may be some truth in the claims Funes Mori ain't all that. He gives me the "sent off on his debut", "slips in front of the Kop in the 89th minute" vibes.

But on the same note, judging players to be crap based on a youtube video is in the same bracket as judging players to be good based on those "skill and goals compilation" vids.

Youtube can make any player look good or bad.

I just hope the lad does well and settles quickly.

September 02, 2015, 02:35:42 AM
Reply #5157

MmmblueBernard

So, given the lack of a marquee signing it's it safe to assume we will spend <coughs> big in January? Should we try and a get Yarmo on a precontract?
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

September 02, 2015, 02:36:28 AM
Reply #5158

.Rimbo.

Without trying to sound like some lovesick puppy, I hope at the very least we have some agreement in place for when Dynamo get twatted out of Europe, for Yarmolenko in January.

Hahaha. Yarmo was a classic blooper. He will have his pick of Europe's elite in January on a precontract agreement - no chance he will look twice at Everton.

September 02, 2015, 02:36:50 AM
Reply #5159

Rhys

No chance for me! He will have 6 months left on his deal which means more clubs will be in for him and there will be clubs in his ear who can say to him wait until July and we will be in for you on a free. At which point it becomes a very hard battle.

Could be wrong but I think our only chance of getting him was paying a high fee this window when he had 12 months left on his deal and very few clubs were in the hunt. Plenty of serie a clubs, German clubs, Spanish clubs etc will be looking at him when he is free or 5/6m. I can't see Kiev selling in January more likely like konopylanka this summer he will run down his deal and leave on a free and have a host of clubs to pick from.