June 25, 2019, 02:47:24 PM

Author Topic: [News]Everton agree fee for Mori  (Read 27184 times)

August 19, 2015, 01:42:32 PM
Reply #60

School of Science

This is the type of signing that excites me. Let's be honest, most of us haven't a fucking clue what to expect from the lad. It's exciting :)

Better than paying 16m for Scott Dann, younger and by all accounts a lot quicker.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

August 19, 2015, 01:51:58 PM
Reply #61

School of Science

I wonder what's Spanish for 'When do we work on set pieces then boss'?
[/quote

Roberto... lo que sea sera... Mori..wtf
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

August 19, 2015, 01:53:39 PM
Reply #62

AllyBlue14

I think much of the reticence can be explained by previous South American centre backs, such as Alcaraz and Fazio. Had this been a number 10, we'd all be buzzing at the prospect, despite not knowing anything about him! I think it's natural to worry more about the defensive positions because there's so much responsibility on them so buying an unknown player from an area with a 'chequered' (perhaps harsh) history of defenders in our league raises a couple of alarms.

I'd rather we signed VVD, mainly cos I've heard of him and at least seen him play once or twice. Plus we know there's other interest in him so we'd have beaten others to his signature. Not that they're very good reasons but I think it's a default setting for a lot of us, working within parameters we're more familiar with. Even then, there'd always be the concern of coming from Scotland and would it be too big a step up.

Obviously, preconceptions or not, whoever we buy I'll be cheering their name. It may just take more for some players to convince us than it would others.

August 19, 2015, 02:04:36 PM
Reply #63

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Looks like Mirallis. Lizz will be happy
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

August 19, 2015, 02:11:26 PM
Reply #64

Hawkandro

I imagine the reason we aren't signing the likes of Koulibaly and VVD is that they want to be starting CB's week in week out, which unless we go we go 3-5-2, wouldn't happen.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

August 19, 2015, 03:19:48 PM
Reply #65

charlatan

I wonder what's Spanish for 'When do we work on set pieces then boss'?

Heeey Gringo?  Donde est la free kickio pracitcio?

August 19, 2015, 03:26:02 PM
Reply #66

Bigjmill

From the moment of hearing about this player being linked I am positively curious as to what he will add.

Martinez had a history of bring decent unknowns to the league.

Bring it on.
REMOVED FOOTER TO SHUT Sir Stealth Up !

August 19, 2015, 03:34:45 PM
Reply #67

Willo121

Reports from Argentina say he is the best defender in the league so I hope we get him  :)

August 19, 2015, 03:37:09 PM
Reply #68

hill135

As a seasoned FM player, I'm always buying River Plate centre backs, Balanta and Mammana.

Never heard of this fucker though.

August 19, 2015, 03:50:36 PM
Reply #69

74Blue

I think we need a Mori poll

August 19, 2015, 04:17:34 PM
Reply #70

Bigjmill

Reports from Argentina say he is the best defender in the league so I hope we get him  :)

what reports are these?
REMOVED FOOTER TO SHUT Sir Stealth Up !

August 19, 2015, 04:24:37 PM
Reply #71

Lxxx

Every report I read said that Balanta was head and shoulders the best defender.

August 19, 2015, 04:26:37 PM
Reply #72

dax78

Every report I read said that Balanta was head and shoulders the best defender.

Ya but Mori is Knees and Toes better....................... ..........................i'll get my coat
Hans segers is a legend ;)

August 19, 2015, 04:32:38 PM
Reply #73

duncandisorderly

Quite happy with this as long as he's not a replacement for Stones. I don't think we need to be spending more than 5 million on a back up centre half, as has been said better than paying 16 million for Dann who is rank average, and hopefully better value than the 8 million touted for Evans.

August 19, 2015, 04:54:58 PM
Reply #74

Fern

From the moment of hearing about this player being linked I am positively curious as to what he will add.

Martinez had a history of bring decent unknowns to the league.

Bring it on.

Can you name a few please?