September 27, 2017, 04:48:37 AM

Author Topic: January Transfer Window 2016  (Read 191831 times)

December 04, 2015, 03:54:08 AM
Read 191831 times

Bluedylan

Maybe it's a tad premature, but there's fuck all else going on at the moment. Just somewhere to put rumours and opinions and that. No doubt speculation will start ramping up over the next few weeks.

Will we buy this mythical left sided player? (please). Will we get a new keeper? (definitely not).

Who will we sell? Who should we sell? Is Tony Hibbert still getting paid a substantial wage? Will anyone take McGeady off our hands? Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? All important questions that need to be answered....
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

December 04, 2015, 04:27:43 AM
Reply #1

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Tony Hibbert is stealing a wage

December 04, 2015, 04:32:01 AM
Reply #2

Thornton_19

McGeady will be gone, if he wants to go the Euros he will force through a move.
I imagine Mirallas will be off as well which I will be sad about.

Hopefully we would bring someone in if those two go like.

December 04, 2015, 04:48:43 AM
Reply #3

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Mc Geady, Mirallas out.  Random kids in

December 04, 2015, 05:17:10 AM
Reply #4

TSGun

It's only my gut feeling but I think Mirallas will stay till the end of the season. We will probably desperately need him at some stage so there's little reason to sell such a talented player. Not sold on him being as unsettled as has been suggested.

McGeady is definitely surplus. Would be good to see him find a new home. He's had such little impact he probably doesn't need replacing.

Forget the goalkeeping situation, it's difficult to see any changes being made there in Jan.

So not anticipating a great deal of action. Perhaps an odd youngster or two.

December 04, 2015, 05:26:26 AM
Reply #5

indiantoffee1975

No ins, no outs. Still involved in three competitions towards the close of the window.

December 04, 2015, 06:03:25 AM
Reply #6

Klown-Shoes

It comes to something when the fate of a club seems to rest on some early 20's players shoulders.

We wont find another player as capable and young as Stones as easily as we got him - stick him on a bigger contract and make it more difficult for the vultures to pick him away - but if the thirst is there sadly, eventually money talks.

We have been here before, we have ridden out the tough times of losing fox in the box Jeffers (shame we coughed the majority back up for Wright), or Ball or Lescott or Rodwell or Rooney.

Big money made from the youth setup or small fees to other clubs.

How is the club still run on such a shoestring where the latest cutprice superstar sees us defunct.

On an associated tangent, Mirallas seems to have given up on recovering any form for us - pal no player is bigger than the club, we'll get our money back thanks for the goals. What is frightening about this January is that it is the last window before the summer where we could easily wave goodbye to Osman Hibbert and Pienaar just like that before any trading starts. How much further are Barry Howard and Jagielka going to go?

It'll take a couple of big money moves (away) and the obvious retirements for us to be looking at a decimated squad in the summer and a half a rebuild job for Martinez to handle. I like the football on its day when we look the business but I am still rather concerned about handing him the future of the club when it comes to signings. Not the greatest back catalogue of signings to his name. Hell of a next 7 months.

December 04, 2015, 01:27:34 PM
Reply #7

GrantyBoy78

L4Everton - your posts read like Hunter S. Thompson. Stream of consciousness and not sure if there is any substance or any point? I'll forgive any Evertonian for mad ramblings though, given what we've been through over recent years.

December 04, 2015, 02:41:02 PM
Reply #8

Macca77

No ins or outs

We don't need any new players

December 04, 2015, 02:59:28 PM
Reply #9

MIG

Ideally for me, McGeady out replaced by Bolasie.  Mirallas to stay.  Butland in.
Never going to happen though.

December 04, 2015, 03:11:11 PM
Reply #10

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber
We don't have much money, so I'd imagine we would be going for loans or paying a knock-down price for players whose contract is ending in the summer.

That narrows down the pool of players and perhaps their quality. However we have picked up some decent players in recent years who have ticked these boxes - Arteta, Pienaar, Lennon, McGeady (heh heh) so you never know.

Personally, I'd like a new goalkeeper, a left sided midfielder and a backup to Lukaku.

December 04, 2015, 04:18:27 PM
Reply #11

Lxxx

McGeady will be gone, if he wants to go the Euros he will force through a move.
I imagine Mirallas will be off as well which I will be sad about.

Hopefully we would bring someone in if those two go like.

McGeady is nailed on for the euros as they have fuck all else to pick from.

December 04, 2015, 05:45:09 PM
Reply #12

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
you would have to assume McGeady and Mirallas will be gone in January. Which would surely mean a wide player or 2 coming in to replace them?

I wonder if Anyone would stump up with the same amount Norwich were willing to pay for Naismith again?

If we could replace him with someone likely to get more game time perhaps it would make sense to sell him

I would assume this is Osmans last season too though, could be some serious midfield re-shuffling going on
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

December 04, 2015, 05:50:47 PM
Reply #13

kevmike2

I'd like Mirallas to stay as i think he is a quality player but if he did leave, i'd be looking at Ziyech, Narsingh or El Ghazi...all good young players and would probaly cost around what we'd get for Kev. Also look towards Germany for one of their young keepers, some many good young goalies over there at the moment...maybe even the lad Bentley at Southend to push Joel if / when Tim leaves.
the difference between being ordinary and extraordinary is that little bit extra....

December 04, 2015, 06:30:03 PM
Reply #14

Macca77

Anyone think Chelsea might come in for Stones again? Maybe even Lukaku