September 20, 2017, 12:18:07 AM

Author Topic: [News]Everton announce takeover deal  (Read 63495 times)

February 27, 2016, 11:30:13 PM
Reply #45

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Ok - new shares don't have to be offered to existing shareholders.

Therefore I'm guessing this is an issue and therefore all monies should go straight into the club.

Which is great news, if true.

February 27, 2016, 11:30:13 PM
Reply #46

Eddie

NSNO Subscriber
I'll assume you have been drinking... I live in Monterrey Mexico numb nuts

February 27, 2016, 11:31:21 PM
Reply #47

Toffee1

Fantastic news and hopefully, will lead to the club being back where it belongs - David Dein being involved in some capacity should help, if it can be sorted/he is approach and/or interested. A stuffing of the shite tomorrow will make this a very good weekend indeed.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 11:31:45 PM by Toffee1 »

February 27, 2016, 11:32:53 PM
Reply #48

Simon Paul

Administrator

Therefore I'm guessing this is an issue and therefore all monies should go straight into the club.

so we have created a further 34,999 shares and sold them to him?

an influx of £200m into the club would be amazing like, but find it surprising that the shares haven't just been sold by other board members

February 27, 2016, 11:34:01 PM
Reply #49

Lxxx

If Kenwright really is in the twilight moments of his life then if this is his parting gift I think the club should put together some sort of memorial to the man. For all his criticism from some quarters he's a blue at heart and always said he'd hold out for the right deal for the club. This looks like being it.

February 27, 2016, 11:34:48 PM
Reply #50

griff969

Wouldn't a new share issue have to be agreed with current shareholders though? It could effectively dilute the value of the current shares I would have thought?

It would be great if the money went to the club of course, but I am not too sure how it would work.
Evertonian ever since Andy King smashed the ball past Ray Clemence

February 27, 2016, 11:35:53 PM
Reply #51

Simon Paul

Administrator
If Kenwright really is in the twilight moments of his life then if this is his parting gift I think the club should put together some sort of memorial to the man. For all his criticism from some quarters he's a blue at heart and always said he'd hold out for the right deal for the club. This looks like being it.

this deal will be his legacy

incidentally, when do we get the influx of middle-eastern Arsenal fans switching allegiances?

February 27, 2016, 11:37:46 PM
Reply #52

Lxxx

an influx of £200m into the club would be amazing like, but find it surprising that the shares haven't just been sold by other board members

I suppose if you were a shareholder you'd take one look at the new TV deal, the potential influx of new money coming in in the form of investment and think why not hang along for the ride and maybe watch their share increase in value.

February 27, 2016, 11:38:40 PM
Reply #53

griff969

If the club was valued at £200 million originally then I am not sure why he would pay £200 million for 49.9% of the shares after a new share issue. It is not a given that adding £200 million to the bank account that this would necessarily add £200 million to the original value of the club. Basically are we saying the club is now worth £400 million?

February 27, 2016, 11:40:49 PM
Reply #54

griff969

If Kenwright was in a really bad way I am not sure why he would want to remain as Chairman. Hopefully it is a sign he is a bit better than the rumours have us believe.

February 27, 2016, 11:43:54 PM
Reply #55

Alex6691

Wayne, it is time.

February 27, 2016, 11:44:58 PM
Reply #56

Major Clanger

If Kenwright was in a really bad way I am not sure why he would want to remain as Chairman. Hopefully it is a sign he is a bit better than the rumours have us believe.

I hope he stays on as chairman, and I hope he'll be a chairman for many years to come.

I couldn't think of anyone better to represent the club in front of the public.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

February 27, 2016, 11:45:38 PM
Reply #57

cantoffee

If the club was valued at £200 million originally then I am not sure why he would pay £200 million for 49.9% of the shares after a new share issue. It is not a given that adding £200 million to the bank account that this would necessarily add £200 million to the original value of the club. Basically are we saying the club is now worth £400 million?

I'm not sure. I think the answer is yes and no.

Meaning that the club is still worth the same but if we have 200 million on our balance sheet then yes the total value would equate to 400 million.

Someone can enlighten me though because I am probably wrong.

February 27, 2016, 11:46:08 PM
Reply #58

KoemansNumberTens

Wayne, it is time.

Wayne who?? I hope youre not suggesting we take on 1 of the most over paid under performing player in world football.

February 27, 2016, 11:46:08 PM
Reply #59

griff969

Sky reporting the deal is worth £175 million, and includes a pledge for player investment and a new ground. Must be new shares then I guess?

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11671/10183981/everton-confirm-investment-from-iranian-billionaire-farhad-moshiri