October 23, 2019, 01:46:02 AM

Author Topic: Laugh along with those loveable Reds...  (Read 337848 times)

June 03, 2019, 07:53:28 PM
Reply #135

Bluedylan

The only way you can really escape it or be freed from it, is in your own head. Their minions are everywhere, so you won't escape it physically or geographically.

This has been my thought process:

1) They didn't win the league. That's the one that everyone knows they want, and they'll admit that themselves. And they didn't, which was merciful.
2) Barca handed that competition to them, not Spurs. Spurs were the better team but lacked cutting edge. The moment Barca collapsed mentally at Anfield, the trophy was almost certainly theirs. So emotionally, we've had weeks to accept that, and for me, time does help. I've adjusted to it, and accepted it.
3) On pure football terms, they deserved it, in all honesty. They're one of the best teams in Europe. The 2005 win was much harder to swallow, because they were garbage for the entire game, and had people like Djimi Traore playing for them, and still fucking won it. It's still hard to take that their team is so good, and we're a long way away, but at least there's a degree of merit to it. I can cope with that.
4) The anticipation of something really bad is usually worse than the actual bad thing happening. I say usually because it doesn't always apply (nuclear wars), but it's often the case, and for me, it's the case here. Ok, they've won a trophy. So what? Well done. We'll live and we'll start the new season in a couple of months, and life will go on.

All of this is tempered by the fact that I've moved out of Liverpool in the last couple of years, and there's absolutely no doubt that there's an extra level of pain and sufferance from living in the city, and seeing and hearing it everywhere you go. We have to acknowledge that. There are reds everywhere, but it's not the same when you encounter it every other person you meet/in your family/in your friend group/in the media/near where you live/in town.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

July 22, 2019, 04:15:54 PM
Reply #136

Bluedylan

''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

July 30, 2019, 12:31:07 AM
Reply #137

Bluedylan

I've enjoyed the summer without thinking about, or hearing from, this prick.

September 02, 2019, 05:53:00 AM
Reply #138

Bluedylan