November 25, 2017, 08:10:00 AM

Author Topic: Olympics 2016  (Read 12383 times)

August 03, 2016, 02:15:50 PM
Reply #15

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
In this day and age of mobile communications it's very difficult not to be contacted. I'm sure they need to give a list of an hour everyday and where they will be during that hour, so by sending that in they will know that at some point the phone will go or the door bell will be rung for a blood test. I get that it can be a ballache, but it's a bit like having a meeting or an appointment for an hour each day, stick it in the diary and be prepared for it. There really is very little excuse for missing it. Miss one, fair enough it happens, miss two and it's starting to look a little dodgy, miss three and you should take whatever punishment there is.

I think its a bit more complicated than that, in that they have to provide their planned whereabouts for a number of 1 hour periods each month, but they won't necessarily be tested on them all?  But yeah, we're in agreement that they miss three then its fair to assume that they're avoiding on purpose.
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

August 03, 2016, 05:59:11 PM
Reply #16

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber
The BBC's athletics coverage is an absolute joy to watch and I don't think you can get a smoother, more knowledgeable, medal laden line up on the planet when they wheel the big guns out.

Colin Jackson, Denise Lewis, Jonathan Edwards, Michael Johnson, Steve Cram.

When they throw in the likes of Pendelton and Hoy to their presenting and punditry team you have to say fair play to them for getting these kind of people on board.

You're totally right.

Apart from Jonathan Edwards, who is a complete and utter slimeball cunt.

August 03, 2016, 11:21:32 PM
Reply #17

Haile GAZrselassie

What's the TV schedule for the next few weeks??

Heard on the radio some events have already started even though the opening ceremony isn't till Friday.

Can't see anything advertised on the BBC for it tonight though??
Stealth ya flaming galargh!!!

August 03, 2016, 11:41:07 PM
Reply #18

Gash

Global Moderator
Think the football was meant to start today but didn't?

The BBC will have pretty much blanket coverage and being in Brazil it'll only be 3-4 behind us.

August 04, 2016, 12:34:03 AM
Reply #19

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Looks like a 4am finish on the coverage every night.  Don't think I'll be watching the late stuff!
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

August 04, 2016, 02:12:46 AM
Reply #20

Haile GAZrselassie

Looks like a 4am finish on the coverage every night.  Don't think I'll be watching the late stuff!

Depends what's finishing at that time!!

The weightlifting, boxing, diving, triathlon and track and field are my main interests so if I'm on nights when they take place it will be amazing!!

If Rhytmic gymnastics and synchronised swimming are the fare on offer then it will be an early night!! Or I'll just find something to do at work.
Stealth ya flaming galargh!!!

August 04, 2016, 10:31:55 PM
Reply #21

Toffee1

Will avoid any of the programmes that Claire Balding is on as I can't stand her style of presenting.

August 05, 2016, 01:14:53 AM
Reply #22

Gash

Global Moderator
Will avoid any of the programmes that Claire Balding is on as I can't stand her style of presenting.

You probably won't see much of the Olympics then, she's the darling of the BBC. Not a fan myself if I'm honest.

August 05, 2016, 01:22:19 AM
Reply #23

Toffee1

I will watch with the volume down for her bits as not hearing her speak should be sufficient.

August 05, 2016, 03:19:18 AM
Reply #24

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
You're totally right.

Apart from Jonathan Edwards, who is a complete and utter slimeball cunt.

What's your issue with J.E. ? Was a great athlete and decent guy.

August 06, 2016, 05:39:18 AM
Reply #25

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Anyone watching the opening ceremony then?

August 06, 2016, 05:44:42 AM
Reply #26

The Analog Kid

Was just torn between that and Public Enemies on ITV.

August 06, 2016, 05:51:10 AM
Reply #27

Gash

Global Moderator

Working tomorrow so I'll give it a miss.

Might as well sticky this for a couple of weeks.

August 06, 2016, 05:59:10 AM
Reply #28

Ridge

It's funny how because of the protests, the hosts are keen to stress the low expense of opening ceremony.

This could be interesting..

August 06, 2016, 06:08:35 AM
Reply #29

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Brazilian music's rubbish.