October 22, 2019, 11:00:54 PM

Author Topic: Emiliano Sala  (Read 7548 times)

October 06, 2019, 10:21:56 PM
Reply #75

KoemansNumberTens

If he hadn't actually signed and if Cardiff had no part in arranging the plane I wouldn't expect them to pay for anything they aren't obliged to.
Too much outside pressure based on sentiment these days.

They gave a press conference saying heíd signed. They gave statements after his death saying he was their player
Apparently they leaked that Nantes (is that the right team) were demanding payment. I assume to try to cause outrage which only backfired against them as everyone appears to agree they should pay

October 06, 2019, 10:26:49 PM
Reply #76

Mayor Farnum

They gave a press conference saying heíd signed. They gave statements after his death saying he was their player
Apparently they leaked that Nantes (is that the right team) were demanding payment. I assume to try to cause outrage which only backfired against them as everyone appears to agree they should pay

I'm no lawyer but I doubt a press conference is legally binding.
Something clever written by someone else.

October 06, 2019, 10:36:49 PM
Reply #77

KoemansNumberTens

I'm no lawyer but I doubt a press conference is legally binding.

Iím not suggesting it is. They are so far losing in their attempts not to pay though

All the way through they said he was their player right up to having to pay. It kinds of seems like they wanted the good publicity of public grief (for someone no one at Cardiff really knew) and then to tell the opposite story soon as it might cost them something

Think at best they are looking to get out of this on a technicality. They havenít insured him fast enough so they donít want to foot the bill. Personally I hope they get told they have to