December 11, 2019, 11:26:49 AM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 489117 times)

December 21, 2017, 03:31:51 AM
Read 489117 times

Picko1975

Thats the one i'd seen before with the Everton across the stand.

Looks very similar to the design that was mentioned for Walton Hall Park

April 03, 2018, 02:48:46 PM
Reply #1

Picko1975

My only concern is the Ďaway endí. It looks like itís way too small and it may end up looking completely lob sided with 3 big stands and one small one stuck on. Look at the graphic that shows the current ground in comparison to the new one. The current Bullens Road and the main stand are much smaller than the new ground but the gladwys Street end is about the same size. Itíll end up spoiling the asthetics of it for me but hope Iím wrong when we see the final design.

April 03, 2018, 05:50:24 PM
Reply #2

Picko1975

Looks like that small North end is intentional.
When choosing a North/South axis it is "tight" to the land borders and so they have been forced into reducing the footprint of one of the stands.

Yeah I get that but I just hope it doesnít end up looking like the Aviva stadium in Dublin (Iím slightly exaggerating obviously). Hopefully they can be clever with the design though and make it look as though it Ďfits iní with the rest of the stadium.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 06:03:29 PM by Picko1975 »

July 26, 2019, 02:18:29 AM
Reply #3

Picko1975

Looks excellent. My only two criticisms would be the Everton font is shite and, once sorted out, should be along the side facing the river. The second is why does the far end stand drop quite low? Is it due to land limitation behind the stand? Apart from that, its excellent  :thumbsup:

July 26, 2019, 04:20:01 PM
Reply #4

Picko1975

I'm heading there now...

Si, do you know whether the 'smaller end' of the ground is by design or is is due to land constraints?  I just think it would have looked even better if that end didn't look as though it had been 'cut off' a bit.  Don't get me wrong it looks amazing but was just wondering whether anyone had asked the question.

July 27, 2019, 03:59:05 AM
Reply #5

Picko1975

My only small Ďgripeí is why one end of the ground is smaller than the rest of it. Not sure if thatís by design or due to land constraints. Does anyone know why it was done that way? If it had been the same size I would assume another 1000 or so seats could have been added. Itís not a complaint, just more of a observation.

July 27, 2019, 02:39:31 PM
Reply #6

Picko1975

A few questions and mainly because I am
An idiot, but why are people saying one side of the ground is smaller than the others?

Also, I canít see what the Blue wave is?

My favourite part of the whole thing is ferry terminal drop off with bridge across to get to the growing. That would be the most unique feature of the whole thing.

The end opposite the home end Ďdropsí lower than the height of the rest of the other 3 stands. Iím one of those people wondering whether itís been done like that on purpose or whether itís due to land constraints behind that stand. I just think that if the stand was the same height as the others it would maybe look more aesthetically pleasing but would also increase the capacity slightly too. Itís the only part of the design that I could question in anyway to be fair