November 20, 2017, 01:58:45 AM

Poll

How many players will we sign on deadline day?

43 (31.4%)
45 (32.8%)
35 (25.5%)
12 (8.8%)
4+
2 (1.5%)

Total Members Voted: 137

Voting closed: February 01, 2017, 04:45:09 AM

Author Topic: The January 2017 Deadline Day thread  (Read 16603 times)

January 31, 2017, 02:32:48 PM
Reply #45

Macca77

Who's booked the day off work then? Jim White was on talksport this morning and said Mr Moshiri will be working overtime today, I hope he pays him time and half then.

January 31, 2017, 02:34:41 PM
Reply #46

Trowel

One for next season:

The Times report that both Tottenham and Everton are keen on Feyenoord midfielder Ozancan Kökcü.

An 18-year-old attacking midfielder, Ozancan Kökcü is out of contract at Feyenoord come the end of this season.

Talks for Ozancan Kökcü are expected to start tomorrow for both Spurs and Everton, with the midfielder available on a free transfer at the end of the campaign, subject to compensation being paid to Feyenoord.

Ozancan Kökcü represents Holland at youth level but has been approached to play for Azerbaijan.
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

January 31, 2017, 02:42:07 PM
Reply #47

Redartin

I voted zero but we all know we signing someone crazy James Rodriguez for 60M

Will be more like Jay Rodrigez on loan til the summer as a back up striker, now that Gabbiadini has gone to Southampton.

The other player we were linked with was a 17 year old left back who plays for Celtic, as cover for Baines. But that may be left til the summer.

As Walsh has been here a while now I'd imagine his targets are either signed, eg Lookman, or investigated further and rejected, eg Belfoldil. Having had all that time to land someone I can't see them coming on the last minute of the last day like some mad trolly dash.
He is a Moyes dressed up in Ancelotti clothes.

January 31, 2017, 02:46:07 PM
Reply #48

Toffee1

Who's booked the day off work then? Jim White was on talksport this morning and said Mr Moshiri will be working overtime today, I hope he pays him time and half then.

Probably answering the question - How did you manage to get rid of Gibson for actual money?

January 31, 2017, 02:59:24 PM
Reply #49

Ramjam

Probably answering the question - How did you manage to get rid of Gibson for actual money?

They have kept their receipt so that any faulty goods can be returned
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

January 31, 2017, 02:59:45 PM
Reply #50

TheTone

January 31, 2017, 03:03:25 PM
Reply #51

christiffa25

Only booked jobs in until dinner time. So will be home to the sofa by 1-2pm 👍

Although, expecting a very low key one from us today!

January 31, 2017, 03:16:23 PM
Reply #52

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Working from home 😀

Simply simply lovely

January 31, 2017, 03:17:45 PM
Reply #53

MmmBlueRamirez

One for next season:

The Times report that both Tottenham and Everton are keen on Feyenoord midfielder Ozancan Kökcü.

An 18-year-old attacking midfielder, Ozancan Kökcü is out of contract at Feyenoord come the end of this season.

Talks for Ozancan Kökcü are expected to start tomorrow for both Spurs and Everton, with the midfielder available on a free transfer at the end of the campaign, subject to compensation being paid to Feyenoord.

Ozancan Kökcü represents Holland at youth level but has been approached to play for Azerbaijan.

Yay! Another Ossie in midfield to add a bit of craft and guile.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

January 31, 2017, 03:22:39 PM
Reply #54

Toffee1

Have Sky got a reporter at Camp Lejeune, sorry USM Finch Farm?

January 31, 2017, 03:23:11 PM
Reply #55

Macca77

I reckon the only the bottom 3 or 4 teams will be doing business today, can't see any of the bigger boys playing.

January 31, 2017, 03:24:07 PM
Reply #56

Trublue

I work shifts so not in today. But don't expect any first team signings. Maybe one for the future

January 31, 2017, 03:24:34 PM
Reply #57

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Could be the slowest deadline day ever

You know it is when sky start making up rumours

Simply simply lovely

January 31, 2017, 03:34:14 PM
Reply #58

Big Nev

NSNO Subscriber
I said 2 but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't any.
Out all day until 6pm..hoping for a signing, but won't hold my breath.

Deals done already have improved the team and got rid of some hangers on.
Rotterdam \'85
I was there!!!

January 31, 2017, 03:39:09 PM
Reply #59

Macca77

BBC Sport

Although Ronald Koeman’s frustration at the lack of signings earlier this month was followed quickly by the arrival of Morgan Schneiderlin, things have gone rather quiet in terms of further acquisitions since.

A number of fringe players have been shipped out on loan or permanent deals and the likes of Arouna Kone could follow before the deadline but Evertonians are hopeful that one or two incoming deals could still be done to add genuine quality.

If so, the names could be surprises because no-one specific seems to be close to joining on the final day of the window.

Lyndon Lloyd, Toffeeweb.com