November 24, 2017, 04:30:35 AM

Poll

How many players will we sign on deadline day?

43 (31.4%)
45 (32.8%)
35 (25.5%)
12 (8.8%)
4+
2 (1.5%)

Total Members Voted: 137

Voting closed: February 01, 2017, 04:45:09 AM

Author Topic: The January 2017 Deadline Day thread  (Read 16727 times)

January 31, 2017, 03:42:29 PM
Reply #60

Bluebridge

Only booked jobs in until dinner time. So will be home to the sofa by 1-2pm 👍

Although, expecting a very low key one from us today!
Like a  John Stones?

I'm just expecting one signing, a forward, and it'll be last minute because the selling club are trying to sign a replacement.

January 31, 2017, 03:42:53 PM
Reply #61

Rodenplav64

Yeah, I'm less confident we'll do any business now, after listening to Koeman. He seems resigned to waiting until the summer as that's when his targets will be available. Basically, we aren't desperate - which makes a nice change!

I'm a bit baffled about Gabbiadini going to Soton for an initial 14m and us seemingly not interested. Assume we've moved on to other targets, but who are they? Think it's generally agreed we need another striker.

Would fucking love a wildcard!

Better than having a Gabbiadini thread along the lines of the Yarmalenko and Banega ones .

January 31, 2017, 03:45:24 PM
Reply #62

Macca77

Quiet day for Alan Irwin then

January 31, 2017, 03:46:00 PM
Reply #63

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I'm pretty positive that we will offload but not buy anyone

Simply simply lovely

January 31, 2017, 03:46:39 PM
Reply #64

Ridge

Can't see us doing much. We've managed to cash in on others desperation, but we're looking to add real quality or great potential. Quality comes at a premium in January and unless we are waiting on chains, why wouldn't we have concluded business earlier, we've been proactive in recruitment for a change.

We signed Lookman after Belfodil fell through didn't we?

January 31, 2017, 03:54:49 PM
Reply #65

Lincs Toffee

Maybe we will get a loan and a couple for the under 23, cant see much happening first team wise, but would love to be proved wrong.
One thing is if things stay as they are I wont be disappointed after this window, unlike many others in the past.

If the quality isn't available for us now, then we wait until summer...the only fear is having Rom injured, if he stays fit I think we will remain in 7th
I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that. - Dixie Dean

January 31, 2017, 03:55:10 PM
Reply #66

Toffee1

January 31, 2017, 04:01:36 PM
Reply #67

MmmBlueRamirez

Looks like David Henen is on his way out.

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2017/01/31/lille-close-to-signing-everton-talent/324250/

Martinez bought a lot of shit that didn't make the grade. It's embarrassing.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

January 31, 2017, 04:03:59 PM
Reply #68

Toffee1

Martinez bought a lot of shit that didn't make the grade. It's embarrassing.

I thought he had already gone but glad to see that players who won't progress the team are being moved out to make room for those that will.

January 31, 2017, 04:11:29 PM
Reply #69

Rhys

Can't see us doing much. We've managed to cash in on others desperation, but we're looking to add real quality or great potential. Quality comes at a premium in January and unless we are waiting on chains, why wouldn't we have concluded business earlier, we've been proactive in recruitment for a change.

We signed Lookman after Belfodil fell through didn't we?

I agree with the statement. However the Lookman deal was going on before Belfodil came around. The Lookman move was being reported in December and I'd imagine we'd decided we were making a move before that.

January 31, 2017, 04:22:46 PM
Reply #70

Hawkandro

If we can't get Keane today, I think that will be us until the Summer.

I think managing to clear the decks of all the deadwood is as big as a major signing. We now have the wage free to match the transfer fee's, and coupled with the kids we have coming through, the Summer could be exciting!

Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

January 31, 2017, 04:41:01 PM
Reply #71

Sixx1402

This is more or less what I would hope to expect for today, as a minimum really. Koeman didn't sound overly positive about us moving in for anyone. As already mentioned, a loan for a decent striker with an option to buy would be a must for me today. Losing Rom for any extended period of time would cost us money in league placings, I'm convinced of that. This is my main concern for this last day of the window. The manager and his stuff must be aware of the risk involved in not covering that option.

Koeman said in his press conference yesterday that Valencia was back up for Rom. It sounded like we weren't looking to bring in an attacker
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 04:49:43 PM by Sixx1402 »
Ahh.....Boucheenie i presume

January 31, 2017, 04:42:09 PM
Reply #72

Cereal Killer

Newcastle supposedly making an 18m offer for McCarthy with add-ons

January 31, 2017, 04:47:09 PM
Reply #73

Robioto

Not a peep of a rumour of any incomings yet this morning, I'll be suprised if we sign anyone for the first team to be honest.

January 31, 2017, 04:51:16 PM
Reply #74

hill135

Looks all set to be the dullest deadline day ever.