October 21, 2019, 09:18:35 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 128624 times)

October 20, 2019, 07:19:43 AM
Reply #2805

arteta4spain

After the result today hopefully Silva has seen whats worked and how to use certain players.
Someone mentioned we looked like we were playing a 4-2–2-2 and this could be flexible as it could give  Kean a chance with dcl up top or Tosun ( if he’s ever going to play for us again)
Davies needs to be given a run of games especially when it worked as well as it did today. Could save ourselves a fortune if Davies can start to establish himself more.

October 20, 2019, 08:33:08 AM
Reply #2806

Heisenberg

Theo obviously has poor end product. But I feel when he’s on the pitch it frees up a lot of space for the 10 and striker

October 20, 2019, 01:57:32 PM
Reply #2807

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Hopefully we’re on our way to establishing this as a way to play in the vast majority of the games vs the not great sides.

The other “hated” team selection/ approach could justifiably be claimed to work vs the better sides, so just hope we can mix it up accordingly.

October 20, 2019, 03:44:18 PM
Reply #2808

nsno

A big test for Silva now is whether he sticks with yesterday's team selection, or reverts back to schneiderlin, Coleman, dcl etc.  For me, barring any injuries it would be criminal to change that team for brighton.
you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows

October 20, 2019, 03:55:25 PM
Reply #2809

Dr. Sponge

Loved the performance and the win, hope that's a turning point. But... can we do it in away games? I think that'll be where Silva saves his job, or not.

October 20, 2019, 03:56:29 PM
Reply #2810

bigdunc9

Got to stick with same team in my opinion.

October 20, 2019, 04:04:54 PM
Reply #2811

Mayor Farnum

A big test for Silva now is whether he sticks with yesterday's team selection, or reverts back to schneiderlin, Coleman, dcl etc.  For me, barring any injuries it would be criminal to change that team for brighton.

I'd say the big test is if he picks a winning team against Brighton, not necessarily the same team. At the moment Brighton away is a much different prospect than West Ham at home.
Something clever written by someone else.

October 20, 2019, 04:29:54 PM
Reply #2812

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Hopefully we’re on our way to establishing this as a way to play in the vast majority of the games vs the not great sides.

The other “hated” team selection/ approach could justifiably be claimed to work vs the better sides, so just hope we can mix it up accordingly.

He'll change the midfield definitely. Think Delph will be straight back in, probably for Davies.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 20, 2019, 04:33:38 PM
Reply #2813

Lxxx

There wasn’t anything different in the formation or tactics. We just had players who wanted the ball and moved around the pitch a lot better.

The  Schneiderlin change needs no explanation, Iwobi’s movement and ability to interchange with Bernard, Walcott’s intelligent runs, Davies’s intent of forward and quick passing and Richarlison’s work ethic up top.

He just needs to be braver in selection.

October 20, 2019, 04:40:04 PM
Reply #2814

Lazarou

He'll change the midfield definitely. Think Delph will be straight back in, probably for Davies.

"I'm not worrying, I'm not worrying, well I am worrying, I am worrying, I am worrying." Guy Martin

October 20, 2019, 04:50:25 PM
Reply #2815

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Yes and don’t think Delph is incompatible or incapable of playing how we did yesterday.

Plus they were woeful so you can’t discount that more defending would be required in lots of games.

October 20, 2019, 04:55:34 PM
Reply #2816

KoemansNumberTens

There wasn’t anything different in the formation or tactics. We just had players who wanted the ball and moved around the pitch a lot better.

The  Schneiderlin change needs no explanation, Iwobi’s movement and ability to interchange with Bernard, Walcott’s intelligent runs, Davies’s intent of forward and quick passing and Richarlison’s work ethic up top.

He just needs to be braver in selection.

I think iwobi and Davies over Morgan and sigurdsson pretty much gives us an extra player in terms of involvement.