October 14, 2019, 01:12:44 PM

Author Topic: The u23 thread  (Read 141477 times)

July 20, 2017, 07:37:54 PM
Reply #480

Alanvideo

Joe Williams has gone to Barnsley on a season long loan
...................so that's Pennington ,Browning ,Galloway and Williams gone out on loan ,plus Henry and any others I've forgotten.  We're turning into Chelsea !
We are special ,we are Everton.

July 20, 2017, 07:50:22 PM
Reply #481

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Rumours liam walsh is heading out on loan as well, I rate him so will be good to see how he gets on.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 20, 2017, 07:56:20 PM
Reply #482

Lxxx

...................so that's Pennington ,Browning ,Galloway and Williams gone out on loan ,plus Henry and any others I've forgotten.  We're turning into Chelsea !

Well they've made about £130m in sales since January so it's clearly a model that works. Although I'd like to think we'd be doing this with a view to a proportion of them actually making it with us and saving us a fortune like.

July 20, 2017, 09:30:31 PM
Reply #483

Thornton_19

Fucking hope so 5 league titles 4 Fa Cups and a European Cup in 15 years. I'd love that.

July 20, 2017, 09:58:31 PM
Reply #484

bigmanbob

It's an interesting approach though which seems to be premeditated.

Last years U23 league winners, those good enough, move them into the senior squad, for those not quite there, loan them out and spend a not inconsiderable amount replacing them. It makes an already enviable youth set up even stronger

It's amazing what you can do when you're minted

July 20, 2017, 10:29:41 PM
Reply #485

KoemansNumberTens

It's an interesting approach though which seems to be premeditated.

Last years U23 league winners, those good enough, move them into the senior squad, for those not quite there, loan them out and spend a not inconsiderable amount replacing them. It makes an already enviable youth set up even stronger

It's amazing what you can do when you're minted

I don't even think it's about being rich. It's about having plans in place. We seem to have a clear vision on every part of the club now. Moshiri has been brilliant in terms of making us a truly professional outfit

July 20, 2017, 11:56:54 PM
Reply #486

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Who's the guy that usually runs the players on loan thread.

Something tells me it could be a nice tasty thread this season.

July 27, 2017, 05:15:40 PM
Reply #487

Lazarou

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">🔵 | We have completed the signing of @LewisGippa3. The defender will link up with David Unsworth’s #EFCU23s: https://t.co/1KCusKJnWz pic.twitter.com/sNLovugPVj</p>&mdash; Everton (@Everton) July 27, 2017
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
"I'm not worrying, I'm not worrying, well I am worrying, I am worrying, I am worrying." Guy Martin

July 27, 2017, 05:35:53 PM
Reply #488

Jamokachi

Good to see that wrapped up, been talked about for some weeks now.

July 27, 2017, 05:47:10 PM
Reply #489

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
What happened to that lad we signed similar time as holgate? All went very quiet there didn't it.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 27, 2017, 10:50:20 PM
Reply #490

BlueForYou

That must be Matty Foulds from Bury - left footed centre back

Problem solved!
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

July 28, 2017, 12:54:32 AM
Reply #491

Lxxx

That must be Matty Foulds from Bury - left footed centre back

Problem solved!

Mates dad is a season ticket holder at Bury and even he wondered why Everton were buying him. He wasn't anything special at that level so God knows what Reeves and Martinez saw in him.

August 06, 2017, 03:12:48 AM
Reply #492

WeimaranerBlues

won 2-0 v Bangor City,    Sambou and a Pen from Garbutt, so his is still here then

August 06, 2017, 03:16:05 AM
Reply #493

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
I reckon that geordie lad has a better chance than garbutt of getting the first team squad.

August 06, 2017, 03:27:20 AM
Reply #494

KoemansNumberTens

Any news on Jose Baxter? Is he with the squad? Has he played any minutes