September 20, 2017, 12:17:49 AM

Author Topic: Mirallas  (Read 4450 times)

May 10, 2017, 05:24:43 AM
Reply #30

AllyBlue14

I say why have Ross and his agent waited for this season, knowing he was going to be going into his final year, to wait for a new one? Could have easily asked to discuss one last year, year before that too.

Exactly, why wasn't Roberto looking at this last year? Because by my calculations, it would've been exactly the same point as Lukaku's contract this season. Having been unconvinced earlier in the season, maybe Koeman was waiting to see what he'd been signing up for. After all, look what happened last time we starting handing out bumper contracts willy nilly.

Or maybe Barkley wanted to leave it until the end of the season and see where the land lies. It's not uncommon, just look at Arsenal.

Back to the OP and I'm pleased Kev may be signing. The goals have dried up a bit the last couple of years but on his day he can definitely make a good contribution. Glad he may be sticking around for a while longer yet.

deCoubertin

May 10, 2017, 05:26:26 AM
Reply #31

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Maybe Barkleys agent is asking for a contact that Koeman thinks he is not worthy of. Might not rate him that highly.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 05:30:14 AM by Duncs_a_legend »
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

May 10, 2017, 05:26:38 AM
Reply #32

Bluedylan

To think of the stick Ross and Rom get after one quiet game, and the free pass that Kevin Mirallas gets with a lot of blues season after season.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

May 10, 2017, 05:32:10 AM
Reply #33

AllyBlue14

To think of the stick Ross and Rom get after one quiet game, and the free pass that Kevin Mirallas gets with a lot of blues season after season.

Expectations eh? It's like when Joel keeps a clean sheet - there's no doubt he's improved but you expect him to have a brain fart at any second and cock it up. So if he doesn't, he's done well.

Rom and Ross are our go-to players when we need to pull something out the bag. You hope Mirallas might, but history has shown us it'll more often than not be one of the other 2. As a result, you're more frustrated with them if it doesn't happen.

Not saying it's right, but it's a compliment if anything.

May 10, 2017, 05:37:16 AM
Reply #34

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

I think he's a belter player but he's been an extremely disappointing player for a few years now.

A couple of years ago, he looked like he could have stepped up but it just didn't happen for him, and it honestly looked like the wind just went out of him. Probably the penalty incident was the final nail in the coffin.

He's looking like he could get a bit of his old self back, but like I say - I'm fine with this on the condition that we sign an upgrade. We need 10-15 goals from wide areas next year.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 10, 2017, 05:43:09 AM
Reply #35

Thornton_19

With the amount of games we will have its a no brainer. Have him on the bench, start league and FA Cup games. He hasnt been terrible either this season, just inconsistent.

May 10, 2017, 05:45:20 AM
Reply #36

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Hopefully that means Rom will be next.
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man how to fish, the government will tell him to register his business license, pay income tax, pay payroll, pay for fishing permit.

May 10, 2017, 05:45:48 AM
Reply #37

ally2

Even though I've kind of given up on him, I do think we would get more out of him if the midfield was tweaked, and I also think that he and Rom don't particularly work well together.

May 10, 2017, 07:50:44 AM
Reply #38

gwells

Not happy I think he is an egocentric overrated dickhead personally

May 10, 2017, 08:06:51 AM
Reply #39

cantoffee

Thought he would leave this summer, but I suppose we are losing a few attacking players for sure.

Wish he could rediscover his form of a few years ago but it's very fleeting now.

Best thing he's done all year is that video but I still have a soft spot for him.

May 10, 2017, 09:46:32 AM
Reply #40

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber

Or one is a squad player who is decent while the other two have so much more expected of them because of how good they are and can be.

Totally different situations
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

May 10, 2017, 12:06:09 PM
Reply #41

Makis

Depressing. Instead of getting good players Mirallas gets an extension. Hints at a disappointing summer yet again.

May 10, 2017, 12:22:06 PM
Reply #42

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Seems to have the knack of not playing well that often and not getting picked that often but still getting a contract extension...

May 10, 2017, 12:43:14 PM
Reply #43

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I think he's a belter player but he's been an extremely disappointing player for a few years now.

A couple of years ago, he looked like he could have stepped up but it just didn't happen for him, and it honestly looked like the wind just went out of him. Probably the penalty incident was the final nail in the coffin.

He's looking like he could get a bit of his old self back, but like I say - I'm fine with this on the condition that we sign an upgrade. We need 10-15 goals from wide areas next year.

Think up to the penalty incident he'd been good, especially for what we paid for him.

He'd got more consistent and was probably the only bright note in the first half of the 14/15 season.

The penalty thing came about as he was seemingly intent on moving to a CL club and thought boosting his personal goal tally would aid that.

Since then he seems to have lost something physically which means he's not getting into positions to affect the game as much. He was never too consistent in his general play but he made a (relative) lot out of assists and goals.

As you say if he's 4th choice next year then that's fine but we do need 1 front line attacker and at least 1 supporting one who are better than he is now.

May 10, 2017, 01:15:14 PM
Reply #44

Cozzie

What's the point

McGeady, Duelofeu, POSSIBLY Lennon sold this summer, Bolasie out till xmas, we cant go into a season with absolutely zero wingers.

Hes the winger with the most experience at the club, makes a world of sense this.