September 25, 2017, 06:36:48 PM

Author Topic: Mirallas  (Read 4543 times)

May 10, 2017, 05:04:04 PM
Reply #60

MmmBlueRamirez

Decent squad player. Think he's been extended with European football in mind. Doesn't quite do it in the prem nowadays (like in the old Mmmbluemirallas days) but more than capable of putting lesser sides to the sword.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

deCoubertin

May 10, 2017, 05:45:51 PM
Reply #61

Toddacelli

My youngest is made up, he idolizes Mirallas, gets his name on every kit I get him, flips everytime he gets subbed off

Got a lot to learn my lad

Love like this though....    :hug:

At his age it was Trevor Steven for me     :hail:      I remember crying in the Enclosure when he got injured     lolol

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

May 10, 2017, 06:38:25 PM
Reply #62

Bluenose 91

Think he's a bit shite myself like but yeah suppose this makes sense with the extra games next season and that.
A crack on the head is what you get for asking.

May 10, 2017, 07:55:07 PM
Reply #63

formerKHL

Great news this..i personally think he's one of our better players...

just lacks consistency....however, he's a typical temperamental winger for me.....

plays well gets subbed...spits dummy out....doesn't get picked for a coupla games....then comes in and everyone expects him to over perform....

it's no wonder he is inconsistent...

May 10, 2017, 08:19:21 PM
Reply #64

Lxxx

Great news this..i personally think he's one of our better players...

just lacks consistency....however, he's a typical temperamental winger for me.....

plays well gets subbed...spits dummy out....doesn't get picked for a coupla games....then comes in and everyone expects him to over perform....

it's no wonder he is inconsistent...

He's forgotten how to put the ball in the net though. It's no wonder he's out of favour so often. A forward who doesn't score or make things happen can't expect to keep his place in the team.

May 10, 2017, 08:24:34 PM
Reply #65

formerKHL

Don't forget though he's a winger first and foremost...

on a 1 on 1 I wouldn't hesitate to back him every time...

May 10, 2017, 08:49:44 PM
Reply #66

Lxxx

Don't forget though he's a winger first and foremost...

on a 1 on 1 I wouldn't hesitate to back him every time...

There lies the rub. He very rarely, if ever, gets himself one on one anymore.

May 10, 2017, 08:54:42 PM
Reply #67

Major Clanger

Just like Baines rarely is in a position to run behind the opposition, part of that is due to how the team is set up. With a few tweaks in positioning we could possibly solve both.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

May 10, 2017, 08:59:16 PM
Reply #68

Lxxx

Just like Baines rarely is in a position to run behind the opposition, part of that is due to how the team is set up. With a few tweaks in positioning we could possibly solve both.

I could agree with the Baines example but not Mirallas. There's nothing stopping him getting in and around the box and getting into goalscoring positions, we have enough cover behind him. Same as Barkley. Koeman has called them both out on it, so they clearly have instructions to deliver more but for whatever reason they can't/don't do it.
I'd be surprised if they are both first choice next year.

May 10, 2017, 09:01:23 PM
Reply #69

formerKHL

is that down to him or the team build up ?

May 10, 2017, 09:09:09 PM
Reply #70

Lxxx

is that down to him or the team build up ?

What do you think?

May 10, 2017, 09:25:09 PM
Reply #71

kramer0

"Good but inconsistent" is really just another way of saying "not particularly good." The Premier League is full of players who look like world beaters on their day. Consistency is what separates the wheat from the chaff.

I have no problem with this deal since we need a big squad for next season but I do feel that Mirallas would be better off with a change of scenery.

[Separate Thought] I don't see how Mirallas is worth retaining but Deulofeu isn't. Both are inconsistent but only one has time on his side. I'm sure it comes down to Mirallas is willing to be a squad player, Deulofeu isn't, but still.

May 10, 2017, 09:28:15 PM
Reply #72

formerKHL

What do you think?

team build up play and team build itself ie we haven't got a midfielder who can deliver a cutting through ball pass....

I've seen both mirrallas and lukaku make third man runs only for the ball to go out wide......or backwards

May 10, 2017, 09:32:24 PM
Reply #73

formerKHL

"Good but inconsistent" is really just another way of saying "not particularly good." The Premier League is full of players who look like world beaters on their day. Consistency is what separates the wheat from the chaff.

I have no problem with this deal since we need a big squad for next season but I do feel that Mirallas would be better off with a change of scenery.

[Separate Thought] I don't see how Mirallas is worth retaining but Deulofeu isn't. Both are inconsistent but only one has time on his side. I'm sure it comes down to Mirallas is willing to be a squad player, Deulofeu isn't, but still.

No its not.....ahem LUKAKU...would you say he wasn't very good ?

May 10, 2017, 09:56:27 PM
Reply #74

blue1948

Think he's a bit shite myself like but yeah suppose this makes sense with the extra games next season and that.
Except he had a year left ,so he was here anyway