May 23, 2019, 08:41:13 PM

Author Topic: Mitrovic  (Read 4421 times)

May 21, 2019, 04:48:42 PM
Reply #105

gizzblue

Yep, I did... Was well excited when we signed him.

First game friendly the fucker scored too .just to rub salt in make us all convinced he's was mustard .
Born not made a blue .

May 21, 2019, 05:48:38 PM
Reply #106

sam of the south

First game friendly the fucker scored too .just to rub salt in make us all convinced he's was mustard .

First few seconds as well, at Goodison, rounded the keeper; I thought we’d found original Ronaldo  ;D
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

May 21, 2019, 05:52:00 PM
Reply #107

boothill

Fuck it, I think he'd be a revelation and we should be all over this. His hold up play and work rate are really good, his goal scoring record isn't the best, but you need to take into account who he's playing for and chance that get created for him. He's still young and will give us a genuine bully up top in the mold of Costa, I really, really hope this comes off

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app
Cant say ive watched or noticed him that much. But if hes a bully in the Costa mold, then its a big yes from me. The goals he scored from sheer brutality is amazing

Sent from my POT-LX1 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

May 21, 2019, 06:10:26 PM
Reply #108

boothill

First few seconds as well, at Goodison, rounded the keeper; I thought we'd found original Ronaldo  ;D
Could he work under silvas tactics, direction ? Is it worth a try till january ?

May 22, 2019, 02:10:09 AM
Reply #109

Lxxx

If Sandro is on £100k a week, it's no wonder heads rolled. However, it should be noted that he only cost £5m, which at the time was seen as a snip (even though now we know it clearly wasn't).

If the lad was serious about playing, he would have moved on by now. The fact is that he is happy picking up his inflated wage (who wouldn't be), and we will be lucky to get shot of him this summer without sending him on loan again.

He had a massively streaky season where if you look at the goals he scored at Malaga a lot of them were efforts from all kind of weird angles and distances which indicates he was just on a decent streak in his first real full season in top flight football. You'd have hoped an experienced scout like Walsh would had factored that in and not assumed he was a Ronaldo clone and paid him accordingly.

He struck lucky with us so fair play to him. Every bit of football, here and elsewhere, since he joined indicates lower level La Liga is his level, at best. Strike it down as a cock-up but one we made not him. He's set for life, a symptom of the embarrassment of riches in the English game at the moment. 
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 04:22:47 AM by Lxxx »

May 22, 2019, 02:56:46 PM
Reply #110

sam of the south

Could he work under silvas tactics, direction ? Is it worth a try till january ?

Sandro or Original Ronaldo?
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them