June 17, 2019, 04:24:56 PM

Author Topic: Michael Keane  (Read 45483 times)

December 01, 2017, 09:02:35 PM
Reply #195

Thomas

What fucking fans was this, I didn't see it and you gave shirt term memory loss, Stones wanted to go

'Williams is a defender who can defend lad'

He can barely do that. Mostly.

Stones can do it all.

Like i said our fans have no culture football wise sometimes and can be complete philistines.

They think Tom Davies is the player of the century purely because he is scouse and scored vs Man City.
Not at all interested in being popular

Very interested in saying/doing what's right for Everton FC.

We may agree/disagree but its all about opinions/debate and thats what makes football/supporting Everton amazing.

December 01, 2017, 09:03:34 PM
Reply #196

Thomas

Exactly.
And Everton needed a 'defender who can defend lad' .........like erm, Ashley Williams. The most uncultured and limited defender for 12m i have ever seen,

We may agree/disagree but its all about opinions/debate and thats what makes football/supporting Everton amazing.

December 01, 2017, 09:11:05 PM
Reply #197

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
And Everton needed a 'defender who can defend lad' .........like erm, Ashley Williams. The most uncultured and limited defender for 12m i have ever seen,

I don't know how this comes into it.

Stones was a shit defender for us and would've continued to be shit without the guidance of Guardiola.

We sold him for a lot more than what he was worth to us, so we won with the deal.
He got to play for the manager that can turn him into a great player, so he won with the deal.
City got a potential world-class player for a fee they could easily afford, so they won with the deal.

It was one of the very few transfer deals that was a no-brainer for all parties involved.

How we then spent that money has got nothing to do with it.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 09:16:08 PM by Major Clanger »
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

December 01, 2017, 09:14:26 PM
Reply #198

BlueBeagle

Oh look, Thomas acting superior to all other Evertonians again. It's getting old now mate.

Stones wanted to go to Chelsea, we kept him and he was average at best all season. Fast forward a year, so with 12 months less on his contract, City offer us great money and the lad wants to go.

Do you honestly not understand the reasoning in selling him?

December 01, 2017, 09:17:48 PM
Reply #199

gizzblue

Fucking Nesta wouldve found it hard playing along side a different old age pensioner week in week out ....Keane will come good when either Mori comes back or we replace the old gits.. ..

Yes I said Mori. ..still better than both the old gits imho.
Born not made a blue .

December 01, 2017, 09:23:01 PM
Reply #200

blueski

Fucking Nesta wouldve found it hard playing along side a different old age pensioner week in week out ....Keane will come good when either Mori comes back or we replace the old gits.. ..

Yes I said Mori. ..still better than both the old gits imho.

Mori isn't technically great but unlike anyone of our defenders at the moment he has loads of pace.

He'd walk into the team in a minute (provided we don't end up playing 2 banks of 4 in our own half under our new manager)

Anyway what's his status? Feel like we've been getting loads of updates on Coleman and Bolasie and Ross but nothing on him that I can remember
Nil Satis

December 01, 2017, 09:56:40 PM
Reply #201

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Mori is a wild card at the best of times.

You canít ascribe poor performance of one player (Keane) down to the woeful performance of the team and not apply that same debilitating factor to another (Mori).

If Mori was a solid, dependable player then you could see an calming influence but heís the opposite.

December 01, 2017, 10:08:47 PM
Reply #202

GoodisonPk

I like Mori. Think if Sam throws him in with his pace commitment and passion we may thrive.

December 01, 2017, 10:20:09 PM
Reply #203

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Like we had a choice in selling him.

I canít physically make my eyes roll as much as I want them to right now.

December 01, 2017, 10:29:20 PM
Reply #204

gizzblue

Mori is a wild card at the best of times.

You can't ascribe poor performance of one player (Keane) down to the woeful performance of the team and not apply that same debilitating factor to another (Mori).

If Mori was a solid, dependable player then you could see an calming influence but he's the opposite.
But Mori hasnt played since we have been under intense pressure since this year started ....while Williams and Jags have and have both been shaky at best .
So the clean slate of Mori should impart some calm .imho....not to mention hes gotta be chomping at the bit to play .
Born not made a blue .

December 01, 2017, 10:35:13 PM
Reply #205

Cereal Killer

But Mori hasnt played since we have been under intense pressure since this year started ....while Williams and Jags have and have both been shaky at best .
So the clean slate of Mori should impart some calm .imho....not to mention hes gotta be chomping at the bit to play .

Eh??

A player who has shown in the past to be erratic and not the least bit calm, will come back from an injury into a defence under masssive pressure and scrutiny and suddenly become this calming influence??

I like Mori, and he'll bring some attributes we are missing, but arguing for him to be a calming influence, no

December 01, 2017, 10:38:08 PM
Reply #206

gizzblue

Eh??

A player who has shown in the past to be erratic and not the least bit calm, will come back from an injury into a defence under masssive pressure and scrutiny and suddenly become this calming influence??

I like Mori, and he'll bring some attributes we are missing, but arguing for him to be a calming influence, no
But the massive pressure should be all but gone now ...we are out of the dropper and have a manager surely to fuck.
Born not made a blue .

December 01, 2017, 10:49:44 PM
Reply #207

Cereal Killer

But the massive pressure should be all but gone now ...we are out of the dropper and have a manager surely to fuck.

We've been shit defensively all season, we were still shit defensively against West Ham, they were just so poor as not to take advantage, our problems haven't suddenly evaporated

December 01, 2017, 11:04:16 PM
Reply #208

gizzblue

We've been shit defensively all season, we were still shit defensively against West Ham, they were just so poor as not to take advantage, our problems haven't suddenly evaporated
No ,but given a new regime and a manager that can sort out defence ....the whole team should get a boost not just the defence ...yes?.

Unless like the majority on here they stay negative and hope for the worst 😅😅
Born not made a blue .

December 01, 2017, 11:16:36 PM
Reply #209

Thomas

Oh look, Thomas acting superior to all other Evertonians again. It's getting old now mate.

Stones wanted to go to Chelsea, we kept him and he was average at best all season. Fast forward a year, so with 12 months less on his contract, City offer us great money and the lad wants to go.

Do you honestly not understand the reasoning in selling him?

Oh look, BlueBeagle spinning things and ignoring the real point.

The real point was our fans are such bad phillistines they felt Michael Keane and Ashley Williams are better than are old CBs like Stones because 'they are defenders who can defend lad'

Who is the all round better player? Who is consistently in the England team? Who plays better on the big stage?

People like you love yard dogs like Williams and headless chickens like Naismith.

If you think being passionate and forthright in my opinion about a club i love is 'superior' then thats your prerogative and own ignorance.