April 26, 2019, 06:44:28 PM

Author Topic: [News]Koeman: It's not as negative as everybody is thinking  (Read 6234 times)

September 29, 2017, 09:03:37 PM
Read 6234 times

everton1952

Ha Ha, dredging up past nightmares to terrify us? Ronald seemed to say that if we had won 2-1 instead of 2-2 then we would all have gone away "happy". This is Everton not Carlisle Utd. Gone away relieved at winning yes, but still appalled at our standard of football.

September 30, 2017, 01:21:58 AM
Reply #1

everton1952

Somehow I suppose he has to make positive noises, otherwise the owner would assume he had "lost it".

September 30, 2017, 06:02:17 PM
Reply #2

everton1952

£220M what? Koeman has just said we spent £54 - 50M - look at the Echo report of his statement that we spent only a little more than Huddersfield. I cannot find an Echo interview video to show him talking about this and his own job. The one described as a preview of the Burnley game is not the one. If someone can find the interview which talks about what was spent and about himself feeling like "shit" after the game and whether he might be sacked or not, I would like to see it.

September 30, 2017, 06:14:40 PM
Reply #3

everton1952

Sorry but I am so wound up over the mess at Everton I have put the following Echo quotation on another thread as well. It is worth reading if anyone does not bother with the Echo. I could not find the video of it.  Koeman said:
The Dutchman was in candid mood on Friday afternoon at Finch Farm says he felt “s**t” after the game but is refusing to wallow in self-pity and remains determined to “make Everton a better team”.
Koeman also continues to dispute the perception that the club have spent heavily this summer and once again pointed to the amount of money the club received in player sales.
And when asked if he was worried about his situation, Koeman said he wouldn’t be losing any sleep over his future. “No. No. No. No. Not worried,” he said.
“Why do I need to be worried? Because the fans are unhappy?
“No. All the teams have spent more money. Huddersfield spent £30-£35m. We spent £50m. £45m.”
“It’s how you look to this situation!” he added.
“Even in Holland, they are saying “Look, they spent £150m! Look how they play!” Yeah? But we lost players. And we spent £40m or £45m. Why you speak always about £150m? You know that £150m now, four years ago it was £25m! If Lukaku was sold after Neymar, maybe Lukaku was going to be £130m! It’s not about money.”
Read More
Wayne Rooney fit for Everton's game with Burnley after scan
Quizzed again as to why he was not concerned about his future, Koeman said: “And what? I should be worried about my future?
“I am not worried about my future because I have belief in myself and the players.
“Finally, if the club makes another decision it is up to the club. If I am worried about my situation, how can you live?
“Enjoy life. I was s**t after yesterday, but now I am different.
“I can emotional and frustrated and I can be more disappointed than maybe the players and I know this situation.
“I like to continue and I like to finish the contract but I am not worried. If you are worried in this job, there is no life.
“There are 20 Premier League clubs, 20 managers, maybe 10-12-13 managers worried every day about their job?
I do my best. I live 24-hours for football and to make Everton a better team and to win more games. I cannot do more, if it is not good enough, it is not good enough but that is my experience. I was in Valencia five, six months....that happens. “It happens to everybody. Ancelotti, Van Gaal, Mourinho.”
Following Thursday night’s draw, Koeman repeated his belief that Everton’s squad are afraid, so how does he instil his levels of confidence in the players?
“The players don’t see a different attitude of the manager compared to last season,” he said.
No. No. I will do the same. I will fight every second of the day to make the team better and to make the right choices and of course everyone can have their opinion. I respect that.
“In football that is normal. If you don’t win, you have problems. Lets hope for a good after match press conference on Sunday!”
Asked if he had to secure a win against Burnley, Koeman said: “… West Ham need to win this weekend, Crystal Palace need to win this weekend, Liverpool needs to win this weekend.”

October 01, 2017, 02:08:14 AM
Reply #4

everton1952

The calls for Unsworth are ludicrous. Koeman might get us into the top half. 7th will be a very good achievement with this unbalanced squad.  Otherwise maybe we should go for Uncle Roy after he is sacked at Palace?

October 02, 2017, 11:18:10 PM
Reply #5

everton1952

Ronald, I just do not agree with you. It is not an over reaction to say after 7 games that the team and crowd morale are in a desperate state. Of course it can be turned around, but the PL is an unforgiving league with virtually no teams there for the taking. Of course things must improve when key players return and hopefully after a good transfer window in January. Getting from here to there does not look like being a pleasure trip. It is all about transition I know, but this is one hell of a setback. Keep your pecker up Ronald; the fans have little choice but to go along with you.