April 20, 2019, 01:55:19 AM

Author Topic: Should we sack Steve Walsh?  (Read 59958 times)

October 27, 2017, 07:35:53 PM
Read 59958 times

Ross

Not seen any articles about Walsh @GrantyBoy78 can you put the links up?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

November 03, 2017, 04:09:58 AM
Reply #1

Ross

He’s been onto a loser from day one. His authority and position has been undermined from the start with the club employing a manager who some people were clearly in awe of and who they gave carte Blanche to from the very beginning. The relationship between the DoF and manager should be symbiotic but that’s near impossible with an egotist like Koeman when he’s been given such free reign.

There’s a reason Walsh is still around and Koeman isn’t, the club know the facts and the dynamics of what’s gone on. Now they’ve thankfully came to their senses it’s fresh start and Walsh should now be given the right backing and power to form a mutual respected relationship with the next manager when he’s brought in, whoever he is or whatever his background.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

November 03, 2017, 04:43:58 PM
Reply #2

Ross

Well Koeman wanted a striker and a left sided defender and we got neither so he didn’t get everything his own way.

He also wanted Sigurdsson and Rooney and there’s no way in my opinion he wasn’t involved in bringing Klaasen in from his old club from his own country.

The money isn’t infinite and the limited finances needed distributing more evenly. But even then the club pandered to his pursuit of the one and only forward he demand acceptable, to the detriment of more prudent squad building, and it came down to a lifestyle choice for Giroud and his wife not a financial matter.

November 25, 2017, 04:59:34 PM
Reply #3

Ross

It’d just emphasis how chaotic, panic stricken and rudderless things are at present if we sacked our DoF just as there’s a transfer window around the corner and we’re in the midst of managerial recruitment crisis.

So it wouldn’t surprise me at all if that articles true.

November 25, 2017, 05:41:57 PM
Reply #4

Ross

Sooner get rid of the bloke now if it saves us from another transfer window like the ones he has overseen previously

Edit: Beaten to it by Brap by about 30 seconds!

We don’t know who or what Walsh was responsible for though. Seemingly almost everyone loves Vlasic and Sandro and rates them, do you think Koeman knew about them and requested them? Or even that lad we’ve parked in Belgium? Same with Lookman as well.

We do know Koeman wanted Rooney and Sigurdsson (and most likely Klaassen given his connections) as he was very vocal about it, previously Schneiderlin and Bolasie, players Walsh or anybody in his position wouldn’t have to scout. We also know Koeman wanted more “productivity” from the team, ie Goalscores and to be less reliant on a forward, hence the recruitment of multiple players who perform the same attacking role, and we know Koeman wanted Giroud and only Giroud (no point in options 2,3 or 4 etc etc).

Walsh could be a goldmine of knowledge given the freedom to operate properly, only time will tell, but he’s clearly been handicapped by Koemans influence over Moshiri in the past and the squad imbalance isnt down to him.

The whole Walsh witchhunt is odd given nobody actually knows his role, responsibilities or remit are.

November 25, 2017, 05:57:01 PM
Reply #5

Ross

All that could be true, but his first suggestion for the most important job at the club was his old mate Sam Allardyce.

Well for a start that’s only a rumour. But if it’s true maybe he was asked who he thought could come in now right away and steady the ship until the end of the season, and he’d probably be right wouldnt he.

November 25, 2017, 06:05:36 PM
Reply #6

Ross

Well it's not only a rumour is it? Allardyce has said himself that Everton didn't show the commitment he would like. There's fairly substantive reports that Moshiri met with Allardyce which hasn't been refuted in the slightest.

We don't shy away from offering managers over £100k p/w and we're one of the few clubs willing to pay hefty compensation for them. I like Allardyce. I'm one of the bigger fans of him. Having Allardyce as your first port of call though is nothing short of negligent.

It’s only a rumour in that Walsh “recommended” him. He may have suggested others as well though, nobody knows.

December 02, 2017, 05:45:00 AM
Reply #7

Ross

Martinez was looking at Will Hughes but never had the financial backing like Walsh/Koeman to gamble.

Similarly with Pickford.

December 02, 2017, 05:55:35 AM
Reply #8

Ross

8m quid though pal? Or where Derby playing more hardball then?

Can’t remember the figures Thom but he was a target along with Pickford.

Obvious he never had an endless fund like Koeman so other priority’s got in the way.

January 14, 2018, 07:09:19 AM
Reply #9

Ross

Allardyce wasn’t even wearing his headset today so what the point of Shakespeare? ...Ode to Shakespeare

Sitting in the stands great
Getting paid to watch shite served up by your mate Ain’t
Long ball we all hate
About time we had an attacking plan mate

January 14, 2018, 05:57:13 PM
Reply #10

Ross

Like when Koeman was here he’s still lacking authority and respect it seems. Tosun is clearly Allardyces pick and it looks like Walcott is as well to me. Not sure how he can be blamed about recruitment when he’s being let down by the system in place and the managers can demand their own targets. It’s all very disorganised and should have been clarified after Koeman was sacked and before Allardyce came in but it doesn’t look it and until it is he’s in a pretty impossible position and so would whoever else replaces him if we continue down this route.

January 15, 2018, 04:40:00 AM
Reply #11

Ross

What the fucks George Michael and Sam Allardyce got in common?

All I’ve got so far is Older and Young boys.

March 04, 2018, 06:54:59 PM
Reply #12

Ross

The Mirror reporting we have 'finally found our Lukaku replacement' and will go for Jamie Vardy, offering him £150,000pw.

What a coup that would be, replacing a 24yo with a 32yo from our DoF's former club. Wow.

Williams for Stones. Rooney for Barkley.

It wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if this happened given our current state.

March 04, 2018, 07:05:08 PM
Reply #13

Ross

The usual suspects on Sunday Supp all seem sure that Sam is going in the summer and Walsh should go with him. Good quote from one of them -  ' Sam Allardyce always gets fired for being Sam Allardyce ' - in other words we knew what we were getting when he was appointed.

So effectively we’ll have paid £13m for the privilege of having Allardyce manage us for 6 months. That’s almost twice what Guardiola is on at City for 6 months work, four times more than what Klopp will earn at the shite.

What a fuckin state we’re in. Awful leadership.