October 16, 2019, 09:03:38 AM

Author Topic: DCL - kidding ourselves  (Read 43959 times)

September 02, 2018, 02:05:29 AM
Read 43959 times

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Did well attacking the ball from the left side.

Also got in good positions on the left side when the full back had it but tried flicks, lay offs all the time with barely any/ none coming off.

All wide players have done well so far as the system is geared towards that area of the pitch.

I like how heís coming along but still (obviously) rough around the edges.

At least this week shows he will be getting plenty of minutes on the pitch.

September 30, 2018, 12:06:32 AM
Reply #1

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
As always big issue for me is DCL the attitude to do anything to score.

First half when a Walcott shot rebounded he was behind the cb seemingly making sure he didnít give a foul away rather than attempting to bundle everything in and then moan if a foul was given.

Much rather have him to be ahead of Niasse and learn to improve but just think that Tosun is a decent all round striker with a particular edge in the aggressive attitude to score.

I can see argument for DCL in the games like last week where pure speed will be used more often than not; but for most games Iíd go for Tosun.

October 03, 2018, 07:13:55 PM
Reply #2

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Too soon to write off Tosun, no?

15 years ago youíd give a foreign player a good year to adjust to the Premier League.

These days impact is expected immediately.

When you consider Tosun came from the Turkish league and hasnít always been a regular for us since he joined, i do hold out *some* hope that we may see him demonstrate significant improvement over the season.

Not saying I think itís likely, just that not a foregone conclusion that DCL is the most likely to improve.

Also if the midfield provision improves across Iíve more faith in Tosun scoring of chances arrive.

DCL will still get plenty of time on the pitch anyway.