June 20, 2019, 06:08:08 AM

Author Topic: Usmanov  (Read 60235 times)

January 21, 2018, 07:00:56 PM
Read 60235 times

Lxxx

As long as he brings David Dein with him to rein Moshiri in and bring some football intelligence in how to run a football club.

January 21, 2018, 07:29:24 PM
Reply #1

Lxxx

He could do a lot worse than look at that lot across the park in how to structure the football side of the business. They clearly have a strategy, a plan, a way of playing, a method of player recruitment which, in any other given season, would see them challenging for the title. All done while playing entertaining football and self sustainable by buying and selling wisely.

Pains me to say it but they're light years ahead both on and off that park.

January 21, 2018, 09:15:50 PM
Reply #2

Lxxx

Does coincide with the talks of a mega manager appointment in the summer too.

Itís Wenger isnít it. 🤑

January 21, 2018, 09:17:37 PM
Reply #3

Lxxx

Anyone else worry that Usminov and Joe Anderson look like walking heart-attacks? Will they live long enough to make us great again?

Best investment we could make this month is a personal trainer and nutritionist for big Joe.

January 21, 2018, 09:35:43 PM
Reply #4

Lxxx

They were all over the place for a bit though.

Relatively speaking.

January 22, 2018, 01:09:18 AM
Reply #5

Lxxx

They perhaps wouldn't want one of the world's richest men, with something to prove, in sole control of a club on their doorstep?

It's also not in any of the top 6's interests to have that potentially enlarged to a top 7. I imagine most of the sponsorship deals the top clubs have are heavily predicated on Champions League qualification and the  exposure that playing in it gives those companies.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 01:10:44 AM by Lxxx »

January 23, 2018, 04:10:40 PM
Reply #6

Lxxx

Finishing in the top 8 last four seasons, having a stable board, a DoF that seems to know how to do his job properly and a sensible, self sustainable transfer strategy will all help them get to where they are. Clearly having a blip so far this season but wouldn't bet against them finishing comfortably mid table.

January 23, 2018, 08:45:11 PM
Reply #7

Lxxx

Is that from Usmanov?...if so how may shares does he have left, any ideas mate ?

Nah probably just mopping up the dregs.

January 24, 2018, 12:56:20 AM
Reply #8

Lxxx

And the fact that it’s a huge piece of real estate in the heart of the capital city.

Which is the real reason they get so many fans, corporate and otherwise. I've been a few times and you can see most of the new fans weren't around in the Highbury days, the huge population growth in London feeds in to the football clubs hoovering up loads of extra fans every year.   

May 18, 2018, 03:41:16 PM
Reply #9

Lxxx

Why would we loan the money for the stadium through LCC if Usmanov could just loan the whole cost with zero interest?

So no, I don't believe this.

Heís not a fan heís a bloke worth a lot of money in assets acquired through various means.

Iím sure if he gets involved itíll be by utilising his network and influence to assist us, not by writing cheques for hundreds of millions. Not even Abramovich has done that.

May 18, 2018, 07:45:09 PM
Reply #10

Lxxx

You donít know if this is a case of Chinese whispers derived from one internet rumour or if their is enough smoke coming from a number of random sources.

The whole scenario is plausible, he does sponsor our training ground so heís invested to some degree, whether itís probable or not who knows.

July 29, 2018, 10:27:23 PM
Reply #11

Lxxx

All kinds of shite flying around atm, the knives are out for us, sadly from our own fans it seems. DBB now supposedly walking away, we had Brands, " sold a turkey" a few weeks ago, players don't want to sign or are hanging back for better, Walcott supposed rift with Silva, the ground move has gone quiet, it must have fell through and even Moshiri walking away. I mean is there anything fucking else ? The world cup has finished nothing to occupy people's minds I suppose. What will be will be.

This is what happens in a vacuum. No football, stuttering transfer window, little coming back the other way in terms of press from the club/manager/DoF and a seriously despondent fan base.

July 31, 2018, 08:15:26 PM
Reply #12

Lxxx

Never bothered with it for years, didn't know what the fuss was about. Now it's the most entertaining thing I've ever seen.

August 07, 2018, 02:38:01 PM
Reply #13

Lxxx

Why do people think he will now invest in us though? It's just speculation isn't it?

This. Just because he invested in a club previously, a local club to where he has a house and was on record as doing it for his family, thereís no suggestion heíll swap them for us. He might just walk away from football.

August 07, 2018, 03:43:31 PM
Reply #14

Lxxx

He is already backing us. Heís always worked with moshiri, the only thing stopping it being official was his arsenal ownership. That seems to have been solved now.

On a side note the esk( yeah I know) is suggesting the deal to sell arsenal will be done by 3pm. Is that likely to be accurate. How can it be so quick?

He's not already backing us, he's sponsoring the training ground. As for stopping it being official, I think your wishful thinking is clouding your judgement there.

Let's just start dealing in facts and if and when things do materialise then let's get excited.