December 16, 2019, 02:32:26 AM

Author Topic: Usmanov  (Read 67300 times)

January 21, 2018, 07:05:27 PM
Read 67300 times

Ross

I realise this is passed on in good faith but isn’t it just the same thing people have been speculating on for the last 2 years?

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

January 21, 2018, 08:51:38 PM
Reply #1

Ross

it is but this is from Django so I’m rather sure this has some legs....

Well we’ll see.

Like I said I’m sure it’s passed on in good faith but it’s been talked about for a long time now and it’s never come to anything yet.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

May 18, 2018, 07:56:10 PM
Reply #2

Ross

If Usmanov was actually coming onboard we’d have already wrapped up our side of the financing for BM.

May 18, 2018, 08:19:22 PM
Reply #3

Ross

That's assuming the club tell the fans everything as soon as it's done, which they definitely don't. 

The finances not being in place has the whole project on hold at the moment, they’ve supposedly been working on them for a year. As soon as it’s done they’ll be singing it from the roof tops and the plans will be revealed and planning permission will be going in.

There’s no way loans have been secured and they’re just sitting on it idly when they want to be in for 2022. If Usmanov is coming on board they’d have a que of lenders looking to give us money given his resources and connections.

May 18, 2018, 08:24:49 PM
Reply #4

Ross

No, honestly, it doesn't. Not sure on the Usmanov links at all but it really isn't the finances holding BMD up at this stage.

So what’s been the hold up given that the locations been sorted for about 18 months and the architects have been working with the club for over 2 years?

July 30, 2018, 01:43:08 AM
Reply #5

Ross

Must be bollocks it’s not like she’s just been appointed CEO after coming in from somewhere else she’s been involved for years and only stepped up from deputy CEO.

She’s not come into this blind.

July 30, 2018, 02:41:22 AM
Reply #6

Ross

This is all a bit deja-vu. Remember project fear and everything will be wonderful before Brexit vote?
 We were in a mess last season, no real doubt about that. There is a new regime in the boardroom and on the playing side and we have to build our way out of it. It's a whole new ball game for us fans.
Reality probably lies somewhere in between disaster and finishing in the top 4.

Someone did make the point about there being an information vacuum and I think that might have some value. There must be loads the club cannot say but just them actually saying that shows they know we are still here and waiting. Saying nothing at all is risky.

Not really a big change in the boardroom though is there?

Just swapped Elstone for DBB with a bit of musical chairs.

July 30, 2018, 03:09:45 AM
Reply #7

Ross

I was referring more to Moshiri arriving and, like him or hate him, the change from the more predictable Bill to...... what? I think we're still discovering that.

Definitely worth noting predicable had us a lot more stable and closer to the top tier, winning things, than we’ve been for a while.