June 25, 2019, 08:35:57 AM

Author Topic: Usmanov  (Read 60479 times)

August 07, 2018, 05:07:40 PM
Reply #15

Lxxx

August 07, 2018, 06:00:52 PM
Reply #16

Lxxx

Yes, but fathead Ashley wants absolutely silly money for a no-mark club with no history.

Nice stadium big mind.

Man City had no history but they had a nice new stadium. Newcastle mightn't have no real tradition but they do have a large city full of idiots who'll line up to fill the stadium every week and have hundreds of thousands of people buy every bit of club merchandise going just to prove they're a fan, in a one club city.

August 07, 2018, 08:01:28 PM
Reply #17

Lxxx

As if anyone involved with or around him would let the press or general public know what his real intentions are about anything.

August 07, 2018, 08:28:48 PM
Reply #18

Lxxx

Disappointingly for us is that David Conn is right up there with the best and responsible journalists. Have a lot of time for him given his campaigning journalism over many years.
Fingers crossed it changes. 🙁]

I'm sure he is but a man of Usmanov's standing isn't going to let any of his close business associates or employees divulge sensitive information about his plans to a journalist, no matter how respected the journalist is.

What is relayed to the press will be exactly what he wants it to be. If he genuinely is planning on moving his wealth to Everton we won't know about it until it's all been agreed and completed behind the scenes.

August 08, 2018, 05:41:31 PM
Reply #19

Lxxx

Moshiri was maybe just keeping his seat warm for him until he sold his Arsenal shares then move to one side as the big man takes full control at Goodison Park

He can even park his yacht outside the office for a short walk in.

August 14, 2018, 06:01:23 PM
Reply #20

Lxxx

Of course he has had all the discussions needed with Moshiri as he is his business partner in other ventures. What he's doing there is setting the scene, drip feeding the info out there so it doesn't look like this was all discussed while he was still a shareholder with Arsenal.

He's a different type of investor than the lot across the park with their Twitter feed from the US and photo opportunities training with Jordan Henderson. I like to think he acts with a little more class, more in keeping with the way we like to conduct ourselves.

August 14, 2018, 07:18:23 PM
Reply #21

Lxxx

If he’s anywhere NEAR the owner then lot have shown themselves to be then we would be extremely lucky.

He’s also an alleged violent gangster, so I don’t think we can take the moral high ground on that one like.

Not that bothered about how he acquired his wealth, it's a sliding scale of morality once you get into the billions.

August 15, 2018, 10:43:18 PM
Reply #22

Lxxx

Alisher Usmanov is not interested in buying a stake in #EFC as things stand. Whispers around the club that him and the owner have had talks about business opportunities relating to the new stadium, how he can help Everton fund it & present wider advertising for his companies.

From Everton insider on twitter.

Makes sense. If he can help us with the materials to build a new stadium, maybe offer to sponsor the arena for x number of years which can be borrowed against, offer his contacts for Moshiri to leverage off. He can assist his friend financially without officially ploughing money into the club. Either way it's good for us.

August 16, 2018, 03:22:34 PM
Reply #23

Lxxx

He could probably think of a million more meaningful things that he could do with his money to create a lasting legacy, the creation of a humanitarian foundation to alleviate human suffering or advancement of human rights would be a far greater gesture than putting up a load of concrete in a city with which he has no relationship whatsoever, in the meantime heís only 64 and will probably still be commercially active for at least onather ten years or so, plenty of time to lose his fortune.

I'm thinking Usmanov might not be a guy for whom building a humanitarian foundation is at the forefront of his thinking.

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2007/09/alisher_usmanov/
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 03:24:40 PM by Lxxx »

August 16, 2018, 03:55:32 PM
Reply #24

Lxxx

Ah o.k. So if thatís all true we clearly donít want to have any association whatsoever with him or his mate Moshiri, letís have no more talk of wanting his investment in fact letís kick him out of Finch Farm !

On the other side of the coin however, again if that is all true then maybe all the more reason to do something to redeem himself before his mortal coil departs.

I think you need to lay off the coffee in a morning.

August 18, 2018, 05:34:34 PM
Reply #25

Lxxx

Craig Murray also reported this: "The Novichok Story Is Indeed Another Iraqi WMD Scam"
https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2018/03/the-novichok-story-is-indeed-another-iraqi-wmd-scam/

This displays a zeal to lecture on matters about which he only partly understands and to form conclusions based on suspect evidence, at best. We live in an era when it is difficult for the ordinary person to sift the truth from fiction, and darn right lies. Personally, I tend to trust those reporters whom I know to have gained a solid reputation - but even then, I try to check the sources. Unfortunately, fake news and made-up stories are here to stay - as we know all too well!

I wouldn't want to condemn anyone on alleged evidence that could have been concocted for political or countless other reasons. - Just a word of caution. We can only judge what we know.  :cheers: Cheers all!

Clearly it's best to get your information from a whole range of sources. However getting some of that information about a prominent Uzbeki billionaire from the ex-British Ambassador to Uzbekistan might be a useful place to get a decent portion of it from.

September 07, 2018, 06:06:38 PM
Reply #26

Lxxx

Makes sense as an investment with a potentially high ceiling and big return if he was able to get them back to the Prem. Also, it's fairly shocking what's happened to Charlton.

On the other hand though it's Darren Lewis, so it's probably completely made up, and he's an RS fan.

It sounds far more believable than ploughing his money into us. His family live in London so the Arsenal investment, he kept saying, was for them.

As you say, far less initial investment and far more upside.

September 07, 2018, 07:46:13 PM
Reply #27

Lxxx

He can still make money from Everton by selling the club. Of course he will do from improving charlton but it will take longer. He will also make money by loaning the club money for the ground or effectively leasing it to us. It will, potentially at least, be far quicker with Everton to get to a stage weíre he can start recouping some of his cash.
I just canít accept Moshiri is here completely by his own volition. He didnít wake up one day and decide he wants to branch out on his own. 

Why? Whatís so hard to comprehend about Moshiri wanting to try his hand at running a football club?

September 08, 2018, 04:05:42 AM
Reply #28

Lxxx

I can see what your saying, but I think the difference he would see would be far outweighed be the prestige of owning a CL club. With Everton itís perfectly feasible that will be achievable in 2/3 years. With the likes of charlton he is looking 5/6 years and only If he gets. Everything spot on. If it was easy as buying low and selling high the lower leagues would be full of billionaires playing champ manager for real.

No-one said it was essy but the lower leagues are littered with clubs who were bought by very wealthy owners and have suffered from it.

September 11, 2018, 11:47:40 PM
Reply #29

Lxxx

There is no way Moshiri would hand over the reins to Usmanov. He wouldn't just throw away all the hard work he has done. I am sure he would welcome investment in a monetary as well as business capacity, but he will be the main man, with Usmanov supporting at best.

But Moshiri hasn't attained his wealth in his own right. He got it via gifts from Usmanov in the form of shares in his interests. He's effectively playing at being a football club owner with his boss's loose change. Almost like a thank you for your hard work over the years.

I'm sure he'll continue to be looked favourably upon with whatever he wants to do with the club and can tap into whatever resources his boss places at his disposable. There's really no need for any kind of overt move by Usmanov in this, they're both in effect one and the same from a financial point of view.