October 15, 2019, 08:46:28 AM

Author Topic: Formation?  (Read 8591 times)

August 29, 2019, 04:47:59 PM
Reply #165

stirlingblue

He was good last night, but league one opposition you'd hope so really. Remember his ball into calvert lewin for Bernard's goal against Lincoln last time around? Delicious, but that's the last we've seen of that since.

With each game this year we've had more and more of the ball in that danger zone in front of the opposition box. And he's refused to take responsibility and create.

I'm convinced the team moves on when he moves on, and I think doucore, reinier jesus, Iwobi, all sounded like planning for a post-Gylfi future.

I know that it's only League One opposition, but he still has to actually move into the space which is what he hasn't been doing.

It may be the optimist in me but I think that's Silva tweaking his instructions to get on the ball more.

He still only had a third of passes of Delph/Schniederlin, but that's probably to be expected as they're passing amongst themselves and the centre backs until a forward pass opens up.

August 29, 2019, 04:50:06 PM
Reply #166

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I know that it's only League One opposition, but he still has to actually move into the space which is what he hasn't been doing.

It may be the optimist in me but I think that's Silva tweaking his instructions to get on the ball more.

He still only had a third of passes of Delph/Schniederlin, but that's probably to be expected as they're passing amongst themselves and the centre backs until a forward pass opens up.

Maybe.

Best case scenario would be you find a way to make thst 40 odd million pound player work to the level we would all love to see.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 29, 2019, 05:34:37 PM
Reply #167

Juanito

You know I agree with you on the tactical problems caused by Sig but he was much better last night, maybe Silva is tweaking his instructions.

29 passes with 6 key passes, but more importantly he was drifting wide and into the hole rather than standing on Keanís toes.

I liked the fact he was drifting wide rather than just waiting for a cross. His delivery is probably the best on the right hand side.  Itís just a shame he canít dribble past players as easily.

August 29, 2019, 06:38:28 PM
Reply #168

dazfrancis

It's already looking like Iwobi and Delph are going to become really important players for us in terms of controlling possession and creating chances.

I genuinely believe that if we improve that aspect of our game a load of our players stand to benefit, particularly Kean, DCL and even Tosun but also Sigurdsson, Bernard and Richarlinson.