October 18, 2019, 11:24:46 AM

Author Topic: Lucas Digne  (Read 43829 times)

August 29, 2019, 06:00:24 PM
Reply #735

Cereal Killer

Is it stupid of me to already be worrying about losing Digne? Guaranteed there will be a few big clubs sniffing around him come the end of the season.

Yes

Wouldn’t worry until we’ve cemented another mid-table finish with no European football  :thumbsup:

August 29, 2019, 06:19:20 PM
Reply #736

Juanito

Is it stupid of me to already be worrying about losing Digne? Guaranteed there will be a few big clubs sniffing around him come the end of the season.

Me too but maybe after stints at PSG and Barcelona where he wasn’t the main man, he might enjoy sticking around here for a while as the super star.

I asked a friend about him who is a PSG fan who said he was ok, solid but not so good going forward. Don’t know how true that was but he is certainly confident here and allowed to express himself and that can only be a good thing in keeping him a little longer.

August 29, 2019, 06:21:50 PM
Reply #737

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Not worried about anyone leaving.

I want them to play great and attract interest from better clubs. That’s the whole point init?

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

August 29, 2019, 07:47:57 PM
Reply #738

74Blue

Me too but maybe after stints at PSG and Barcelona where he wasn’t the main man, he might enjoy sticking around here for a while as the super star.

I asked a friend about him who is a PSG fan who said he was ok, solid but not so good going forward. Don’t know how true that was but he is certainly confident here and allowed to express himself and that can only be a good thing in keeping him a little longer.
Exactly this. There's a reason why the likes of Digne, Gomes and Mina left Barcelona to come to Everton. All three are undoubtedly talented, but for some reason their big move hasn't quite worked out for them. Sometimes playing every week and being happy is a lot more important than sitting on the bench at a bigger club. We're also in a position now where we can afford to pay close to what they would command at an even bigger club anyway.

August 29, 2019, 08:14:08 PM
Reply #739

Gary1878

NSNO Subscriber
We all know how good Baines was for Everton in the past, and this guy is already right up there with the things that he achieved with us. His freekick taking is on a par with Bainesy at his best, and his interlinking with the wingers is top class. On top of all this, he seems like a great bloke who has added positively to the changing room.

Massive credit to him and Brands for his success so far.

August 29, 2019, 08:30:36 PM
Reply #740

GrantyBoy78

We need to progress to keep Lucas

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

August 30, 2019, 01:22:54 AM
Reply #741

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
As someone said already, he’s too good for us , he may however buy into the vision and if he sees groundbreaking at BMD within two years then he seems happy enough with us to maybe sign a new contract.

August 30, 2019, 03:51:36 AM
Reply #742

Toddacelli

Don't worry - the likes of Digne will be helping us to attract other special players over the next few years.

He's happy here. He lives his footy and has got plenty of time 😊

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

August 30, 2019, 04:01:11 AM
Reply #743

Evertonian in NC

I'm just happy as a pig in shit to have the best LB in English football again.

Seriously, going from Peak Baines to Digne is just an embarrassment of riches.  Like when my Broncos went from John Elway to Peyton Manning (but even then, there was a gap of shittiness in-between).
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

August 30, 2019, 04:13:49 AM
Reply #744

toffee_scot

We did brilliantly to sign him from Barcelona especially for the price we paid (£18m?).

August 30, 2019, 06:38:40 PM
Reply #745

Lxxx

Best left back in the league, despite what the muppets across the park say.

August 30, 2019, 07:22:17 PM
Reply #746

gizzblue

You would be mad not to be worried ...but I honestly think the law is happy and he's been to a 'bigger'club and say on the bench ...will he want to risk it again .
Born not made a blue .

August 30, 2019, 07:32:16 PM
Reply #747

Shogun

Administrator
Struggles to defend according to the commentators in the Lincoln match.

Can't say I've ever thought that, think he's strong in that regard actually, especially 1 v 1.

Guess you can't be a good attacking full back without being criticised defensively these days.

August 30, 2019, 07:34:29 PM
Reply #748

Macca77

Struggles to defend according to the commentators in the Lincoln match.

Can't say I've ever thought that, think he's strong in that regard actually, especially 1 v 1.

Guess you can't be a good attacking full back without being criticised defensively these days.

Andy Robertson says Hi, he's a player who is really good going forward but struggles a lot at the back, the media ignore that though.

August 30, 2019, 10:19:04 PM
Reply #749

Dr. Sponge

Andy Robertson says Hi, he's a player who is really good going forward but struggles a lot at the back, the media ignore that though.
Hate Robertson the little rat.

Sent from my SM-G960F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app